Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Baby Betta Update

Here is what remained of my Ct x VT spawn... A spunky, greedy little boy! His belly is fat with food because he took more than he was supposed to off the toothpick (frozen bloodworms) This is the first time he has shown more of a "manly" appearance. Despite a non-eggy belly, I was waiting for "him" to be a "her" Oops :)

Enjoy!

FYI anyone in the Edmonton area, if you would like to adopt this Canadian betta and give him a good home, please tell me!! I have him in a divided tank with a female betta Which is not the best...
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

He's beautiful! Damn it, I'm in the US. :( His fins are pretty good if he has a CT gene. Why did he get torn apart on the 2nd pic? :0
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #3 
Sena Hansler

Torn apart? O_o if you mean the lines on his face its just the submission/breeding lines plus he was half flaring xD

And thanks!! His mother VT had very good finnage, which is what he has with the slight pricked edges, for CT. I always make sure there is 0 chance of harm in my tanks... He has fabric plants and a plastic (smoothed inside) ship :)
Old 11-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

You don't see it? It's like his body got ripped from above and then there's the pink flower. ANWAYS, it's great he's in good care. (;
Hopefully someone would gladly take him, he sure is pretty.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #5 
Sena Hansler

I can't see it only the black part (his sudden beard that increased a week ago) and his submission lines o.o

But if he had gotten hurt I would have known :) I'm like a paranoid crazy with my fish Everyone is checked over in the morning, and before bedtime.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #6 
LebronTheBetta

I'm sure it's a computer glitch for me, it's only one picture. xD
I check Lebron and Winnie every 20 minutes. LOL! Or even more. Haha
Old 11-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Haha :p ever since I came across that terrible mystery disease, I've been keen on checking everyone at least twice a day.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #8 
LebronTheBetta

... Hopefully no Betta will get that ever again. Both of my current Bettas have blue, and there has been this case of an orange Betta.. I'm sorry it happened to you. :( Was this Betta from your 1st spawn? I heard about you spawning but I thought it was a HM or something. Lol
Old 11-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

My first spawn was a PKxVT, male got it over night and some people on here blamed on me saying I wast caring for him :( after that two got hit (blues from the same store) and fourth time a blue with green I tried to save but was too late. The third fella, Shadow, I caught it a few hours before it hit - that is how tuned in I was to my betta. The disease left but dropsy was a sign of internal failure :( which is why I don't have blues. Or fish from that store.

This blue baby I have, mama was Canadian and father was too - bred in Ontario. :)
Old 11-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #10 
LebronTheBetta

I'm so sorry people blamed you! :( It's not your fault, I mean stuff just happens.. When it 1st hits, the necrosis is on the fins, right? I always wondered if that ever happened then you could just cut it off like what you'd do for severe fin rot, and then do a 100% change, filter or not.. I thought to myself if it worked. I'm not sure.. So many diseases, so many losses. :(

ANYWHO, lets celebrate on how ele gant your fish is! :D