Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #1 
Wendyjo

My baby is doing so well!

Got him/her (I think it's a her but still not sure) 2 weeks ago, and she was just a little thing - she had a blue tint to her fins and her body was brownish in color with horizontal stripes - she was pretty plain looking. Over the last 2 weeks her fins have turned red with a blue fringe, and today I see that she has lost her stripes and her body is turning a lovely purplish blue color. And she's grown alot - she has a voracious appetite, even for a betta.

This is my first baby and I almost didn't get her because I've heard most of them are in pretty rough shape by the time they reach the stores. But I had a 2.5g quarantine tank set up for a girl I was supposed to have shipped to me, which didn't come thru, so I decided a baby would do nicely in there for a few months. Hopefully she will continue to thrive.
Wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #2 
Kytkattin

Congrats! You can see picture of Spooky in my signature. That is a before and after picture. She went from no spots to over 20 spots and grew into a monster of a fish! Females are always so underrated!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote