Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #1 
Jully

Missing frys?

(This is not Betta related for the frys..)

Well recently my molly had frys she had 8 of them I believe, and after 3 - 5 days I got a net for a 55g and I put in in a split the tank up on the left side were the males, guppies, and tetras and the other side were the babies next to the filter. 3 days after that my tetras figured a way on the side to get in I didn't bother because of school then a week later I stopped seeing the baby fry? Do you know what happened to them. I looked all over the tank :( I hope they didn't die. I only have 3 - 5 Neon tetras in the tank and 2 male mollies ( the females died, mom died after birth and the other one jumped out the tank.)

I really want those babies, as the mom gave her life for them and they were so tiny.... Do you think there eaten or still somewhere in the tank :(
Jully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #2 
LittleBettaFish

Unless they have managed to hide themselves away they are probably eaten. Only way to guarantee survival of fry in a community style setting is to remove them completely either into a breeders' box/net or another tank.

However, if you have some hiding places some or all of them might manage to survive until they are big enough not to get harassed by the other fish.

Just read that you did have them separated. They could be hiding from the neon tetras or the tetras being small and fast may sadly have caught them.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #3 
Oldfishlady

Check inside your filter...I find fry in mine all the time...alive and well....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #4 
sainthogan

Other fish will eat fry, I hope that wasn't the case, but maybe they're really good at hiding.
And like oldfishlady suggested, maybe they're hanging out in the filter (depending on what kind you have of course)
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #5 
Jully

Hopefully :( They didn't get to eat for a while if there in the filter. Idk I will check, let us pray. I usually find them now I cannot, so I am sure they aren't hiding :(
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #6 
Jully

Bump :( Nothing in the filters, but when the babies where first born they were fine they would stay right next to there mother and she wouldn't eat them but there mom died after 2 days. And then the other fish wouldn't touch them? But then once I put in a 55 gallon net divider and put them on the filtration side, they could swim even with the current but they tried so hard and then 3 days later there all gone? And the tetras and stuff have passed the divider like 3 times? But there gone..?
Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #7 
sainthogan

They're either hiding really, really well, have been eaten, or died. Sorry :(
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote