Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #1 
sainthogan

Another question about moving

Ok, so it sounds like we will be moving sooner than expected. I will have 2 fish by then, I've figured out how to move them and their plant tanks, etc. My question is that my husband and I will be traveling back to my home town quite frequently and possibly during the summer, spending months here. What is the best way to travel with a betta. During the summers, I am thinking I will set up a divided 10 gallon tank to keep here, but for short week or 2 week long trips, I don't think I need to do that. Would a divided 2.5 gallon be acceptable for short trips? My husband is automatically assuming that we would be traveling with them unless we can find someone very trustworthy to care for them for short trips. (He didn't even ask if we would take them along, he said "So you know you'll need to get the proper set up for them to travel on vacations right?."
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #2 
DoctorWhoLuver

When I had to take my bettas for a 6 hour car drive I just put them in their little cups and put the both cups into their empty tank to prevent them from spilling. Also, it helps to keep the tank/cups on the floor of the car, since there is less motion there. My bettas were fine the whole trip :) When we got to where we were staying, I kept them in 1 gallon to 3 gallon bowls/tanks for about 2 weeks then we came back; so I don't know if it will work out for you, but good luck :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote