Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #1 
yoitsjode

Where to get Betta fish!

I am looking for buy a dozen or couple dozen female Betta fish for my 55gal aquarium... I want beautiful fish. I am willing to go to my lfs to get Bettas but I would like to try other options so I know what im getting. Please let me know who you get your fish from and who you think does great business with superb fish. Thanks so much Jodi!
yoitsjode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #2 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
most people get bettas from petsmart or petco. you could try those places? or go to the betta classified section.

also, watch out for myco. it's fatal in fish.
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #3 
shellieca

I would Google Betta breeders for your area or aquabid. You can go to your local LFS or LPS but if there anything like mine you'll have a hard time finding females let alone good females. It took me months to get all of my females from Petsmart & Petco because I wanted a variety of colors & types, those places seem to have the same types & colors for weeks to months at a time unless you visit them frequently.
shellieca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #4 
Myates

Aquabid.. also look for groups on FB for fish, lots of breeders in different countries that will be happy to sell/give females to others, especially if they get a bunch from a recent batch.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #5 
Perry the platypus

If you want online, then I would go to Aquabid and if you don't want to buy it online, then maybe Petsmart, Petco, Walmart, or Petland.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #6 
hannah16

Contact Polukoff! He has wonderful fish all the time in a variety of colors and patterns, is in Texas and is over all a great guy :) He is my main betta breeder. I've got a total of 9 bettas from him.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote