Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #41 
Eggbert

My Eggbert would hold his mouth open when he flared. When I dropped a pellet in his tank he would stare blankly at me until I would close my eyes or turn around before he would eat. When I talked to him he would get super excited and start opening and closing his mouth like he was mimicing me lol.
Apollo loves to jump for his food. Wiggles his tail when I talk to him and he does the mouth thing like he's talking. And always darts over every time I enter the room.
Maggie thinks she's a super star. Whenever I wear red she full out flares like a boy at me, approaches sideways and gets her bars lol always with the color red! And she always loves people no matter who as long as your not wearing red she wiggles her tail anytime she gets attention.
Eggbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #42 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter stares at food and plans his attack.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #43 
SpeakNow13

I like it when my fishy gets a pellet that is too big for him so he just swims around with the pellet in his mouth! its so funny!
SpeakNow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #44 
Ganymede

Tailgate flat-out refuses to eat anything unless it's on my finger. I'm trying to train him back into eating normally, but he loves me way too much, I guess. He also likes to sleep on his snail's shell, since Cyclonus is way bigger than him now.

Knock Out's really social and likes showing off and making bubblenests on pretty much every surface. He'll dance for anyone and anything if it means extra attention. He's also really in love with his snail (he once tried to push it into the nest).

And Drift yawns whenever he sees me, which is pretty adorable.
Ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #45 
SpeakNow13

awwww thats adorable!
SpeakNow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #46 
Twixies

Whenever Kitkat sees me, he would always do this fishy dance, after he's done, he would look up to see if the food lid is open, if not, he would do some more dancing XD He also likes to pop bubbles, he hasn't made any yet though.
Twixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #47 
bryanacute

My Wonder gives me the stink eye when I come near as if saying " GIVE ME DA FOOD, MOMTHER!!!" and yes, I mean mother, a mix between mom and mother, which I call my mom.

Last edited by bryanacute; 12-27-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Additional Text
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #48 
majesticstorm

Rain does not like water changes, especially when I'm pouring the water back in. I would pour it over a spoon to avoid disrupting the tank water. While I'm doing that, Rain's huddling in the corner, staring at the flow of water. He needs air, but he's scared of the water coming down so he would make a mad dash towards the surface, get some air and swim madly back to his corner. XD

When it's time to feed him, I would put the container in front of the tank. When he sees me, he makes a beeline towards me and swim towards the container. He tilts his head a bit as he watches me unscrew the lid as though he wants to be sure that I'm not teasing him and that yes, we DO have food. Once he sees the food, he swims towards the surface waiting for me to open the hood to drop the pellets down. It's so fun watching him patrolling the surface for any food that will be dropped.
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #49 
Artist with a betta

Mine likes to watch Doctor Who with me. Whenever it's on he will swim to the side of the tank near the telly and just hang out. I do believe both I and my fish are Whovians.
Artist with a betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #50 
TigerRegalia

All of these things are so cute; they are making my heart smile! :3

My Tommy wiggles his tail whenever he sees me, and he'll start moving up and down quickly, even from a few feet away, trying to get my attention ("Hey! Over here!!"). When I finally come over, he either flares up or stares at me lovingly (refer to my avatar picture) :3

There is another thing he does that is quite strange, but cute nonetheless-- he gets quite grumpy whenever I turn on the light and awaken him from his slumber. Whenever I accidentally wake him up by turning the light on, he does not act very happy to see me and he does not go after food for a good 15 minutes. After some time has passed upon being so rudely awakened, he returns to his normal, fun-loving self! xD

Last edited by TigerRegalia; 01-05-2013 at 03:40 PM.
TigerRegalia is offline   Reply With Quote