Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-21-2015, 09:06 AM   #1 
PurpleDog

Getting $ back from online purchases - I just did at PetSmart!

I really don't mean to make this sound like advertising... but if it does too much and is not allowed, please let me know!!

I am known as the SAT math question money saving scheming queen around here! Whenever I make online purchases, I go thru Ebates. I even downloaded the Ebates toolbar, so it shows me everytime I go to a site, if there are offers!

Yesterday I did an online purchase of a new heater and Seachem Prime (because I read about it here!) through Ebates from Petsmart (its next door to where I work). I chose free in-store pick up. And I got a 4% rebate through Ebates!

Now, yeah, 99 cents isn't much, but it adds up and over the past couple years I have gotten over $200 back. By doing this, as well as the Ibotta app on my phone (I have over $46 saved up right now!) and searches on Bing (you get credits towards gift cards), I've saved up to get fun stuff I normally would feel guilty spending money on - like Starbucks... LOL

I just thought I would share it with those online here! I have the money transferred into my PayPal account. I bet it would help to save up to buy something from Aquabid...

Here are the links to the places. And, yes, I do get credit for signing people up, but I seriously use these myself!!!

Ebates: http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrer...%3D&eeid=26471

Ibotta: https://ibotta.com/r/cmxdjkr

Bing: https://www.bing.com/explore/rewards...2-9c4a4145fc92
PurpleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #2 
Mousie

I've been thinking about that ebates thing for quite some time. I may give it a go!
Mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:30 AM   #3 
PurpleDog

I've told my friends to sign up and try it once. Even my most skeptical, kinda negative too often one did... and she still uses it! LOL

Money is pretty tight around here, so its really hard to justify splurges at all. But this way I can. And I am still eyeing a few on AquaBid! I will have money to do it in my PayPal acct once I transfer it all... but now I just have to get past the paranoia about being able to keep it alive... LOL
PurpleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:52 PM   #4 
Strawberry12

I use swagbucks, it's a bit similar. There's a toolbar and whatnot, and by purchasing stuff on affiliate links you can earn swagbucks, which you can turn in for gift cards.
Strawberry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #5 
Mousie

At the moment, I use the points I earn as an addon creator for Wow on a site called Curse (I get points when someone downloads one of my addons). I save up my points and use them to purchase Amazon Gift cards, so that's where I do my shopping most of the time (Doug and practically live on Amazon lol). For the last few years I've had enough Curse points to do x-mas presents for both of my kids, x husband and boyfriend. Otherwise we use the points we earn on the credit cards.
Mousie is offline   Reply With Quote