Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #11 
DoctorWhoLuver
Member
 
DoctorWhoLuver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the TARDIS
I think a 50% water change midweek and a 100% change at the end of the week is sufficient. He looks fine :)
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #12 
madmonahan
Member
 
madmonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorWhoLuver View Post
I think a 50% water change midweek and a 100% change at the end of the week is sufficient. He looks fine :)
Ok yeah, I think that would work! XD lol it looks bigger than 1.5! Atleast two! But whatever the measurements say!!! >.<
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #13 
TorukBetta
New Member
 
TorukBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonahan View Post
Ok yeah, I think that would work! XD lol it looks bigger than 1.5! Atleast two! But whatever the measurements say!!! >.<
Right?! It does look bigger, I might check the measurements out again when I clean out his tank ! xD
TorukBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #14 
callistra
Member
 
callistra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
2g is absolutely minimum to keep a fish healthy long term. A 1.5g box is not going to let him live to his fullest.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #15 
tromboneplaya
Member
 
tromboneplaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Bat Cave
Like the others have said, I would use silk plants and get a hiding spot....other than that I think your setup is super cute and with the proper water changes would be a good environment! I love the glass cube!
tromboneplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #16 
TorukBetta
New Member
 
TorukBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by callistra View Post
2g is absolutely minimum to keep a fish healthy long term. A 1.5g box is not going to let him live to his fullest.
Like I said, I don't know the exact measurements, so I'll get an exact measure when I clean out his home out again. If it more than 1.5g, I would say it is 2g.
TorukBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #17 
madmonahan
Member
 
madmonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorukBetta View Post
Like I said, I don't know the exact measurements, so I'll get an exact measure when I clean out his home out again. If it more than 1.5g, I would say it is 2g.
You can keep a betta in a smaller tank as long as you keep up with water changes. I prefer bigger because you don't have to change the water so much!!! XD
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #18 
TorukBetta
New Member
 
TorukBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonahan View Post
You can keep a betta in a smaller tank as long as you keep up with water changes. I prefer bigger because you don't have to change the water so much!!! XD
Yes, I am aware xD ! Thanks :)
TorukBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #19 
madmonahan
Member
 
madmonahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorukBetta View Post
Yes, I am aware xD ! Thanks :)
Good! Just didn't want them to get to your head! I used to say that 2 was the minimum but I have learned!!! >.~
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #20 
TorukBetta
New Member
 
TorukBetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonahan View Post
Good! Just didn't want them to get to your head! I used to say that 2 was the minimum but I have learned!!! >.~
Oh okay! A lot of people say that a 2g is the minimum, but I always doubted. Thanks for making it crystal clear C:
TorukBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cleaning my Betta's habitat, how? zaylia Betta Fish Care 19 09-26-2012 10:40 PM
betta habitat ok? daniomania Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 8 03-06-2012 01:38 PM
New Betta Habitat and other fish icameasarat Betta Fish Care 13 06-05-2011 07:04 PM
Do you think this will make an acceptable betta habitat? Midnightx21 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 26 05-16-2011 08:06 PM
135 Gallon Betta Habitat? MrWynO14 Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 28 03-26-2010 10:52 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.