Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #1 
Alcemistnv

...Why'd he do that?

I went over to Pudge's tank, and as soon as I put my finger by the tank, he FLIPPED OUT. I mean, he darted all four corners of the tank doing little swirlies and everything. Right now he's hanging about, clamped up and looking mopey.

He's been doing this to the point where I don't go near his tank anymore unless I'm about a foot away. He's never acted like that before :/ And none of my boys have ever done it either....

Anyone have any insight? Maybe I spooked him? Or maybe he's stressed?
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:14 PM   #2 
LizzyP

Hmmm, this might not be related but my VT blew a bubble nest right by the front of the tank. Anytime I opened the top he would freak out and not come near me. Is there a bubble nest now close to the front of his tank?
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #3 
Alcemistnv

Nope :/ he hasn't made a bubble nest in ages, and by that I men the last one was within the first month of having him.

He's sick, has been for 2 months, of some sort of fin rot that has been progressing teribly fast within the last week or two, and has been affecting his behavior :/
Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #4 
LizzyP

Do you think he was sleeping and maybe you startled him? I've done that to both my boys. How is he looking now?
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #5 
ao
TFK Moderator

hmm... not sure if this will help, but Kuro is scared of my finger too when it's on the side of the tank :P he used to hide and swim away really fast, but now he kind of just backs away.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #6 
Alcemistnv

oh, he was wide awake :)

Hmmm that could be it Aokashi
Old 11-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #7 
sainthogan

Mine does that occasionally, especially when she's pooping. If I even come near the tank when she's doing that, she flips out and darts everywhere and then hides behind that filter. She is afraid of my fingers though because of when she jumped out of her tank and I had to pick her up. She used to freak out whenever she saw them, now she just slowly backs away.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #8 
OrangeAugust

Fishie did something similar the other night. I was lying on my couch and my feet were near his tank, so I wiggled my foot at him, and he flipped out and partially jumped out of the water and then he hid for a little while. He never did that before. He's scared of my fingers a little too, he either jumps back a little if I put my finger on the tank, or he backs up slowly.

Jasper, on the other hand, swims right up to my finger when I put it in the water and then she bites it every time. haha. She always follows my finger when I move it outside of her tank, too.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #9 
Alcemistnv

It's weird that he's suddenly become so scared of my finger o.O

He used to enjoy flaring at it.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #10 
puppyrjjkm

One of my boys did that everytime I would come by his tank. By some weird happenings (combination of tail biting and stress I think) he literally lost all of his fins. He was a HM then lost all of his fins. Had to put him in a smaller habitat with really clean water. About 5 months later, his fins are all back but he looks like a rosetail and is super social and loves being in a divided tank. I have no idea what was wrong with him, but he did the same thing. Like hitting the sides of his tank, he even did it to the point where I would wake up in the middle of the night from hearing him hit the glass.
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote