Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #11 
hynesh9792

Thank you everyone! I started stressing out lastnight thinking that my baby was stressing out. It's probably b/c she is so small still. She acts like a puppy when I'm around, she will wiggle like crazy when I play with her and talk to her. I take my pipette and she chases it and I blow bubbles with it and she loves it. She seems happy to me.

And I know when she's NOT happy. I once tried transferring her into a 20 gallon by herself but the filter was way too strong and there wasn't enough plants and hiding spots. (I did this b/c the ammonia in the little tank was really high and the 20 gallon was already cycled) I could tell instantly she hated it. I felt so bad and thought she was going to die b/c I stressed her out so badly. I put her BACK in the small one and she instantly colored up again and was swimming around like normal.

Last edited by hynesh9792; 11-12-2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: forgot some stuff
hynesh9792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #12 
blueridge

Yeah I've had the same problem before. :/ I bought a 5 gallon tank this summer and wanted to put my favorite boy in it, who is currently in a 2.5 gallon. The second I did he stressed out completely! I thought I was going to loose him so I put him back in his 2.5 gallon tank and he has been fine since. I've noticed that some of them actually like smaller tanks while others could careless.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #13 
Myates

Aww.. sorry you were stressed out :( But I wouldn't worry about it.. being active, eating healthy, responsive to you.. don't see a sign of a stressed out fish.

Just going by your description of age and such, pretty much tells you she is just a youngin' :) Or he... lol
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #14 
MaskedBetta

She's definitely female, and those stripes indicate stress.
I hope you enjoy her company and continue to be a good fishkeeper :)
MaskedBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #15 
lillyandquigly

The stripes re probably because she's young. Could be a male but I think they're right that she's a female.
lillyandquigly is offline   Reply With Quote