Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #11 
fatemah20

so I added the heater yesterday night and have a thermometer in the water too. The reading on the thermometer was about 70 deg Fer. Today morning the reading is still the same. The box said I should wait 24 full hours minimum to have the water reach required temp.

Also I have put the heater at the bottom because that is the only falt surface there is the sides are rounded....am just so afraid the betta will touch the heater and get burned or something.

lastly emeraldmaster, i didn't understand what you meant about the heater sitting at the top
fatemah20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #12 
Maddybelle

Is there a reason you are still putting aquarium salt in his water? And you're still feeding him too little, IMO. I feed mine 4-6 pellets a day on pellet days (I alternate between frozen bloodworms, pellets, frozen brine shrimp, and frozen krill)
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #13 
whatsupyall

Here is what usually works for me when my bettas have swim bladder. Add a teaspoon of aquarium salt to a gallon that the fish is in. Increase the temperature to 83-ish, max temperature I've seen a betta still okay in is around 90-ish, so you anything around 80 is fine. Decrease feeding. Lower the water level as to what you have now. I usually keep mine at 7 inches, so I would decrease it to 3 or 4 inches approximately. Hope this helps!
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #14 
fatemah20

Maddybelle: I add salt because I read it's recommended to have it for the beta especially if they're in a bowl. 4-6 pallets sounds like a lot. My betta eats 2 and sometimes I would add some bloodworms too depends... I thought i read they're stomach is smaller then the size of it's eye....hence why i go for 2 and he seems to be doing well with 2

whatsupyall: I have a submesrible heater that maintains a constant temperature. I cannot adjust it. Since yesterday I added mr.betta finally in to the heated water. He seemed surprised (i think) coz he moved a bit, sat at bottom, moved again and sat again, he swam at some point bumping in to the thermometer lol....his previous bowl was completely empty no obstacles at all, now he has a thermometer and heater in his way. I'm just afraid of the heater though, I hope the betta doesn't touch the heater and get burned or something.....

Today morning I took a look at him and fed him too. He seemed to move just a tad bit more then he did before, I think the heated water is starting to do him good. I will try and post a picture of the bowl setup when I get home.
fatemah20 is offline   Reply With Quote