Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #1 
asukabetta

Rescue baby/teen betta or no?

I saw a baby (or teen) betta, he/she is orange, looks like a HM plakat (or maybe it is just young), the store kept her in a tank with a divider with another betta with ich, and she/he is catching it too, I see white dots on his face and tail, but it isn't all too advanced.

I have meds, oak leaves, an extra tank, adjustable heater (for healing and med purposes only) and aq salt.

I'm only hesitant because I've tried to rescue betta in the past and failed. 1 caught the mystery blue disease, and the other had a net jumping accident...

Please tell me if I should try once more because the further I wait the ich will progress.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #2 
sainthogan

If you've had success treating ick or are fairly confident that you can help him, then go for it. Otherwise, don't do it. Of course, the longer you wait, the worse it will get and the less chance you will have for success. But if you do it, and he doesn't make it, at least you know that you tried to give him a better life.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #3 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthogan View Post
If you've had success treating ick or are fairly confident that you can help him, then go for it. Otherwise, don't do it. Of course, the longer you wait, the worse it will get and the less chance you will have for success. But if you do it, and he doesn't make it, at least you know that you tried to give him a better life.
I have treated it in an adult VT, he's fine, confident I am not, I haven't had much luck with rescues but perhaps I can give myself one last chance.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #4 
Wendyjo

Will they actually give it to you for free? If not then you are simply encouraging and rewarding them to sell sick fish.
Wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #5 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendyjo View Post
Will they actually give it to you for free? If not then you are simply encouraging and rewarding them to sell sick fish.
no. They would. Or discount the price from 8-10E to 2-3E.

They keep ordering bettas because they are the only store that has them. I think they know a breeder that gives them bettas for free and splits profit so they will always be stocked and they do not care that some die or not.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #6 
asukabetta

In the end I decided not to, even though sad, I came to thinking and talked to a few members about it.

I just got my little salamander (early xmas present) and I want these fish to have my attention. more fish means more divided attention. And eventually there comes a point where there is too much. My limit is 3.

Though I love betta's and love them. And I wish for all of them to be happy.
I am just going to care for the fish I have now, make sure they are healthy and happy.

Thanks everyone :)