Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #1 
NorthernLights

Question Active Long Finned Bettas

So, apparently Odysseus did not get the memo that long-finned bettas with big tails have trouble getting around and prefer to rest most of the time. He'll sit for a minute or so periodically, but then goes back to swimming around and exploring/patrolling. I've heard of non-plakat half-moons and even double tail half-moons that are also super active.

I was wondering who else has a really active long-finned betta?
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #2 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post
So, apparently Odysseus did not get the memo that long-finned bettas with big tails have trouble getting around and prefer to rest most of the time. He'll sit for a minute or so periodically, but then goes back to swimming around and exploring/patrolling. I've heard of non-plakat half-moons and even double tail half-moons that are also super active.

I was wondering who else has a really active long-finned betta?
I do :D
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #3 
pittipuppylove

I have a couple fairly active ones. One is a SDeT ( previously thought to be HM) who has no problem exploring his 5 gallon territory and occasionally flaring at his neighbor through the divider, and a HM Dumbo boy who's not all that quick, but does seem to enjoy milling around the tank.

The betta that I take care of at work is an older CT who spent most of his life in less-than-perfect care and he, however, is typically quite happy to sit there and guard his bubble nest (that is, until I do a water change and make home build another one - lol it gives him something to do)

Granted, none of my big-finned boys flit around their tanks like my plakat or female bettas, but they do get around
Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #4 
ao
TFK Moderator

Mine doesnt really sit at all. he's always swimming XD seems to really enjoy the current too from the filter.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote