Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I think I saw a baby eletric yellow cichlid.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #12 
djembekah

electric yellow is still a lab
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I know I like that name better I was just pointing out the baby.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #14 
sareena79

Quote:
i watched it like five times and missed the goldfish and the catfish and suckerfish you mentioned every time Sareena, lol.
Im not sure if I got them in the video I was mostly trying to find out the name of the orange ones which apparently are "blood parrots"

ALSO there werent any regualr goldfish in there, it was a cruddy video so Im sure it was hard to tell....

as far as the "catfish" and sucker go, here are some pix I found online that look pretty darn close to what I saw (the sucker was a little more spikey than the one in the pic )

sucker: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...r:20,s:0,i:149

Catfish: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...9,r:3,s:0,i:93
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #15 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
What an ugly tank. I think the stalk grass is atrocious for a display tank!!
yeah the grass threw me off a bit, it looked sharp and kinda dangerous, I just liked how the tank was built into the wall, and it had interesting (but too many) fish. oh well gave me something to take my friends mind of the dentist lol
Old 12-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #16 
Laki

I agree, I always like looking at display tanks in places like this. The Jungle Jim's restaraunt downtown has a large oscar tank and the oscars watch you eat your food! lol Creepy but fun.

This tank would be improved by removing the pointy stalk grass stuff. Nice coils of silk leaves are available in all dollar and craft stores for way cheaper and are much nicer lol
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #17 
sareena79

heck my betta watches me eat, little piggie :)....we had an oscar growing up, of course we didnt know how big they got and eventually had to rehome him but he was fun while it lasted. he liked to jump for his food, except one one time he jumped out and landed on the floor and scared the crud out of my mom so we had to be really careful when we opened the lid from there on out...
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #18 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
Im not sure if I got them in the video I was mostly trying to find out the name of the orange ones which apparently are "blood parrots"

ALSO there weren't any regular goldfish in there, it was a cruddy video so Im sure it was hard to tell....

as far as the "catfish" and sucker go, here are some pix I found online that look pretty darn close to what I saw (the sucker was a little more spikey than the one in the pic )

sucker: Google Image Result for http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i257/gilbertmt/Sig.jpg

Catfish: Google Image Result for http://www.aquarium-fish.info/graphics/Epalzeorhynchosfrenatum2b.jpg
The sucker catfish you describe is a bristlenose pleco. They stay much smaller than the common plecos and can easily be housed in a 10 or 20 gal tank. What you probably saw was an albino form.

The catfish you pictured is not a catfish at all. That is a red-tailed shark. They are a very aggressive species and not suited for the general community.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #19 
sareena79

yeah it seems like they had an odd combo of fish in that tank (as well as way too many)...interesting to watch though...
Old 12-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

In all honesty it would not surpreise me if the tank only got monthly water changes and is overstocked.