Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #1 
crowntaillove

Black Friday

Is anyone else extremely excited about Black Friday? Petco just released their Black Friday ad, it's all 50% off this 40% off that... Fish, Reptile, and Guinea Pig starter kits for 40 each. 50% off baby geckos! Walmart is going to have a 40 inch TV for $200 instead of $500. I'm begging to come into work early so I'll have an awesome check.
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #2 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowntaillove View Post
Is anyone else extremely excited about Black Friday? Petco just released their Black Friday ad, it's all 50% off this 40% off that... Fish, Reptile, and Guinea Pig starter kits for 40 each. 50% off baby geckos! Walmart is going to have a 40 inch TV for $200 instead of $500. I'm begging to come into work early so I'll have an awesome check.
Nope. I don't care if they give stuff away for free, nothing in the world can get me to go near a store on that day.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #3 
crowntaillove

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Nope. I don't care if they give stuff away for free, nothing in the world can get me to go near a store on that day.
Haha. I went last year, but it was way later in the afternoon. So this will be my first time. :] And they are actually giving dog antlers away for free. xD
Old 11-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #4 
SnowySurface

Meh, I went Black Friday shopping a few years back. The sales were great but it wasn't worth dealing with the crazy people nearly foaming at the mouth over deals. If I can't afford to buy someone something for Christmas without Black Friday, I'll just knit a 8x8 wash cloth and call it a day. XD

Edit: Also, I prefer Overstock.com to Black Friday. Not the same level of deals, but I don't have to deal with crazies. Same goes for eBay if I can avoid insane people and win a low bid.

Last edited by SnowySurface; 11-14-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Afterthought
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #5 
SDragon

I love Black Friday! I hope I can go this year.
SDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #6 
Freyja
Banned

I didnt go last year but am contemplating going this year if the deals in Puerto Rico match the ones in the US.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #7 
AngelicScars

I stopped liking it when it bled into Thanksgiving. I shopped Black Friday for 14 years straight before I stopped going.
I'll send hubby out this year to pick up a couple of non-hot items if we can get them.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #8 
pittipuppylove

Eh. I may go to a couple pet stores later in the day to see if there's anything interesting left, but I'd rather not get mauled trying to get something for a good price. I wish they didn't have the price for animals knocked down, though. It increases the chances that a person will buy them out of sheer inpulse and have no idea how to care for them.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #9 
crowntaillove

You do have a good point. I got excited about the geckos because I've been reading about them a lot online. But they also have guinea pigs, select tropical fish, and ferrets on sale. I've been pretty much obsessing about it this year. I've been trying to plan out my shopping trip, but I really have no idea what to expect.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #10 
thekinetic

I'm actually thinking of going to get a hammy black friday, and the it's bedding and food and ect. I already have a cage too. Ohhhh mabey I could get a black one and name it friday! X3 (kudos if you got the reference)
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote