Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #1 
xobettaox

water change question..temp?

ok, so i know i've been asking a lot of questions on here lately... i've never had fish before so a lot of them are probably stupid... oh well.

but anyways... today i did a 50% water change... the temp was 75-76 degrees throughout the day and after i did the change within a minute it jumped to 78... then, a couple minutes later, it came back down to 76... could he be in shock? how do you know if a fish is in shock? it seemed like he turned kinda white but i could just be paranoid... he swam like crazy for a minute when i was pouring the water in but now he's swimming around like normal.. i did put conditioner in the water right before i put it in his tank..
xobettaox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #2 
Viva

If hes swimming around normally now he should be fine! He shouldn't be in shock, he probably started swimming a lot because the warmer water made him more active and/or he was getting caught in the current as you poured it in.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #3 
paloverde

in a smaller volume of water ( 2.5 or less ) gal. it becomes more critical to match the temp of the replacement water within 1*- 2* sudden cooler temp swing can bring on a lot of issues.
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote