Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #11 
starrlamia
Member
 
starrlamia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
i would limit your photoperiod for a while.
You can use excel and just put it on the algae, use a turkey baster or dropper of some sort.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #12 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Yes i did the necessary water changes. The tank is clean right now.
You seem annoyed :( sorry if I came across as insulting >.> I really didn't mean it that way. I see the algae as a good thing, that keeps the tank parameters in balance by eating the excess nutrients and keeping the water clean =D So I wasn't saying you had a dirty tank or anything :<
good luck with the algae!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #13 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
You seem annoyed :( sorry if I came across as insulting >.> I really didn't mean it that way. I see the algae as a good thing, that keeps the tank parameters in balance by eating the excess nutrients and keeping the water clean =D So I wasn't saying you had a dirty tank or anything :<
good luck with the algae!
Oh no! I wasn't annoyed with you. Your 1st comment just made me think you didn't read my OPing. So then your second comment sounded like you were telling me I need to make water changes, to which I did make so I answered with that. Sorry if I came off a bit annoyed. I was fixing to get ready to go out with my best friend so I may of just made my comments a tad short.

@starrlamia, so you think I need to remove or severally limit my tank's lighting? For how long should this lighting be limited? My lighting period is usually about 5-6 hours. How much should I reduce it?
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #14 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Y'all think a coupla Nerite snails would have some fun with this algae?
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #15 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
amano shrimps are usually the better bet :) you can always return it after it's done :D
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #16 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
amano shrimps are usually the better bet :) you can always return it after it's done :D
I imagine shrimp can't be too expensive. You think PetsMart will carry em?

From my hand picking last night I think what I've mostly got here is hair algae.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #17 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
amanos are around 2.50ea but usually only at Petco. maybe you can see if the lFS has it.
speaking of the price of shrimp.... you dont want to know ;) some crazy expensive dwarf shrimps out there :P
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #18 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
amanos are around 2.50ea but usually only at Petco. maybe you can see if the lFS has it.
speaking of the price of shrimp.... you dont want to know ;) some crazy expensive dwarf shrimps out there :P
Yeah I know some can get expensive. I LOVE bamboo shrimp. But I assumed you wouldn't recommend a decently large shrimps for a 5.5 gallon tank.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #19 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Yeah I know some can get expensive. I LOVE bamboo shrimp. But I assumed you wouldn't recommend a decently large shrimps for a 5.5 gallon tank.
I wouldn't recommend it :) plus it might starve and do nothing for your algae.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #20 
FishyFishy89
Member
 
FishyFishy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central FL
I was reading up on these shrimps. It says theyll eat soft plants too. Do you think my plants are at risk?
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Algea or Dead Plants Making her Sick? flowerslegacy Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 13 11-13-2011 11:39 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.