Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #1 
mstenorsaxplayer

Lil Sano is doing better!

My blue veiltail named Lil Sano has been having problems with constipation that past 2 weeks. His tummy got bloated, but not extremely, but still pretty bad. He was acting like himself. Normally he is very active, but because he wasn't feeling well, he was not as active and slept more. I had him fasting, gave him a few epsom salt baths, and a about half of a green pea all togather. The bloating got worse. I kept an eye on him and did the best I could to make him better.
Today, I woke up and checked his little belly. The bloating has gone down almost completely. :) My lil baby is started to feel better! :DName:  lil sano new tank 3.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  28.6 KB
mstenorsaxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #2 
sunlight

i am glad he is better. I am wondering what is the cause of the constipation just to rule out internal parasites. Is he better or completely recovered? How much do you feed him?
Also so you know frozen daphnia is very good for constipation , better than a pea. I think you can find it in some pet stores. Epsom salt is helpful. You can use up to 3tsp/gall with 50% or 100% water changes daily for long period of time.

And check on his poop. I doubted that it internal parasites since he got better but just to be safe . With internal parasites he would have white,clear stringy,wormy look poop.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:17 AM   #3 
mstenorsaxplayer

poop

Well, he isn't better after all. His poop does look kinda white and stringy when ever it does come out. :( What do I do???
Old 11-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #4 
sunlight

If he is bloated and his poo is white and stringy, wormy he might have internal parasites. Did he get more lethargic? Is he still eating ? With internal parasites it better if fish continue to eat, because he will pass the parasites with poo.

If he is bloated you need to get Epsom salt which you can buy at any pharmacy. The city i live - every pharmacy has that. Salt will help to purge parasites out. But salt will not treat it along . You need to get medications for internal parasites.
So your first step while you don't have medications get Epsom salt. Pre mix it in one gall jug for the right dosage or pre mix it in the container. Make sure it dissolved. You need to do daily 100% water changes.
Try to find medications for internal parasites that has metronidazole in the ingredients or if you can find Hikari HealthAid Metro+ and Seachem Metro both work, or API General Cure .
Also when you do 100% water changes try to introduce your fish slowly to the new water . Just add new water to his cup and let him get used to it for a few min and do it for a few times
Old 11-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #5 
mstenorsaxplayer

Awesome. Thanks :D
Old 11-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #6 
sunlight

Good luck, give us update if you can. Sorry for saying it but a lot of the time it really not easy for fish to recover from internal parasites. More chance if he still eating so he can pass them out.