Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #1 
Lissa3116

Does your Betta do anything that scares you...

But in a way you think he is just joking around with you?

My Betta likes to swim behind his heater and when I go to rescue him (because I think hes stuck) he always swims out. And I swear he only does it when I'm watching. He sits on my computer desk and he only does it when I am doing homework or my hair or something.. Silly fish
Lissa3116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Well, they don't really do anything to scare me.. When they "disappear" I start to worry. But they show up sooner or later. xD They do some crazy things..
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #3 
Laki

You mean, like stop swimming and watch me? Bowser is bad for that in the dark when his tank was in the kitchen. At night I would go looking for him and you know, naturally look for movement. It's like those "you'll s*** bricks when you see it" memes.

lol to your drama fish :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #4 
Lissa3116

I also thought that one night he jumped out of his tank. I woke up and did not see him swimming around or even floating around and I freaked out. Turned out he dug the gravel out of the hole (where you put a decoration) and likes to lay down there. Its pretty much like hes underground. Couldn't see him at all.
Lissa3116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #5 
horsyqueen

One of my males jumps around at the top of the tank and i keep thinking hes gonna hurt himself on the light :/
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

A couple of months ago I look over and Perseus has something shiny in his mouth I had no idea what it could be unless he ate a little pond snail and the shell was stuck in his mouth which of course freaked me out so I grad the flashlight and following him all around the tank trying to get a good look at it and I even grabbed my iphone to get a picture of it to post here in case I needed some help. Then I think well maybe its just a bubble but why and how could a bubble last so long in his mouth like that but it must have been because finally it went away...lol

Here is the picture
Attached Images

Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #7 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Which I forgot to add I was getting ready to leave for the night and I think he was trying to get me to stay home....lol And a couple of weeks ago I look over and he is swimming around with a bubble on his head and watched him, he swims under where some bubbles are and one sticks to his head..Perseus is such a hoot...lol !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #8 
aqua001

Zoro got kind of a "spasm attack" and flew around all over the place for a few seconds. That completely creeped me out. I still don't know the exact cause of the attack, though.

Rainbow would not eat for a bit more than a week and I was so scared that when he did finally eat, I danced my happy dance, fed him some special occasion brine shrimp and considered inviting my friends over for a party. I'm weird like that lol.
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #9 
Rockandrollgirl09

My old fish sammy had a habbit of laying on the bottom of his tank and played dead. Sometimes my heart would stop because I couldnt see him breathing or anything. I would say sammy and move my finger across. Finally he would get up look at me with a look like oh hi did I scare you. Finally I was just like dont do that.
Also Kaido use to hate water changes I would get so mad at him because he would try and ram himself against things to get out or jump. Finally like I would a dog. I said Kaido that is enough you knock that off. He stopped instantly. And then I said im sorry but your scaring momma. And he would just swim up to me and look apologetic. He didnt do it after that again. I love my little man.
Rockandrollgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #10 
babystarz

Yes, Neptune likes to nap IN his filter. With his tail trailing out over the side of it. Head down. I thought he was dead several times. GAH.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote