Banned

How may goldfish do you have?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #32 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
How may goldfish do you have?
3. Planning on moving them to a larger tank very soon though.
Kithy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #33 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am sure they will love it,
Old 11-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #34 
Kithy

Quote:
I am sure they will love it,
Yes, they are quite spoiled. When I moved the 2 to the 20 they were so happy. I hadn't intended on getting the 3rd but there's that one moment where you can't resist. So we'll likely be moving to a 29 which is a small jump really or right to a 40. I have a very, very large tank and stand in my shed but uh, getting it out is a problem. And testing to see if it holds water.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:04 AM   #35 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

What strains are yours?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:08 AM   #36 
Kithy

Quote:
What strains are yours?
One comet, one oranda and a fancy fantail. They do quite well with the one single tail but I probably wouldn't add anything other than a fancy to the lot.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #37 
Dmsantana

I refered my friend to this site being as she wants to get into betta's to she already has three goldfish. She has also been helping me and was the first one to tell me I was using the wrong stuff. I feel horrible for having done this to the fish and I Should have known better. but I litterly felt like I murdered all of those fish. I am just so glad my son cnt tell the difference between different fish atm he just sees swimming and he says "fish".

and I just read some of the very hateful comments made inthis thread. saying that I was pushing people to agree with me and that my tank was overstocked. Really? and The ammonia was fine according to the tests done on the water so to the person who said it was ammonia poisoning where is my apology? sorry im just very hurt by some of the comments made. I am a newbie at the fish thing i have three cats and three dogs and 2 children who I keep alive i dont find it fun killing fishing :C

Last edited by Dmsantana; 11-21-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Dmsantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #38 
Nothingness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmsantana View Post
I refered my friend to this site being as she wants to get into betta's to she already has three goldfish. She has also been helping me and was the first one to tell me I was using the wrong stuff. I feel horrible for having done this to the fish and I Should have known better. but I litterly felt like I murdered all of those fish. I am just so glad my son cnt tell the difference between different fish atm he just sees swimming and he says "fish".

and I just read some of the very hateful comments made inthis thread. saying that I was pushing people to agree with me and that my tank was overstocked. Really? and The ammonia was fine according to the tests done on the water so to the person who said it was ammonia poisoning where is my apology? sorry im just very hurt by some of the comments made. I am a newbie at the fish thing i have three cats and three dogs and 2 children who I keep alive i dont find it fun killing fishing :C
Sorry to see you got that intro to this site. I personally have not had any experience like that since I joined a little while back. Easiest thing to do is take those experiences as a lesson and allow yourself to move on knowing how to look after the next lucky Betta that will be given a nice home. Dont let the few people who seem to wanna bully you deter you from this site as its full of great and useful info on Betta care and aquarium setup. There are lots of people like OFL that will give you the support and info you need.
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #39 
finnfinnfriend

There is only one way you can have 2 fish in a five gallon and that's if its a divided tank with 2 bettas...

EDIT: also sorry about the hateful comments, people just get fired up because they worry about the fish, thats all :). Dont feel too bad about the fish dying, it was a learning experience and there is so muh wrong info out there that even after doing research its hard to get things right.

Last edited by finnfinnfriend; 11-21-2012 at 08:47 AM.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #40 
gemsbok

It's really quite sad when people feel the need to abuse someone who is new to the hobby instead of trying to understand their predicament and helping them with kindness. We were all new at one point, and we all made mistakes. I'm glad you weren't deterred from coming back, OP. Hope your new fishies will do better. :)
gemsbok is offline   Reply With Quote