Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #11 
Friendlyfishies

Ive always called the bey-ttas too...Ive read its both, just depends on which youve heard and prefer, doesnt matter to me lol. I just kinda grew up with bey-tta so thats what it will always be for me :)
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bettas are named after the Asian tribe not the greek letter.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #13 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Bettas are named after the Asian tribe not the greek letter.
Thank you for saying this Choclate. BAY-TA is a greek letter and Bet-ta is the fishy. I don't correct anyone on this though since I feel everyone has a right to say it how they want but proper pronounciation is bet-ta. I think I am used to people pronouncing things wrong. My husband butchers the english language so much worse than saying bay-ta. LOL. I don't correct him to much because he gets mad at me. I was brainwashed by my older sister though who took english lit as a minor in college when I was a kid. This site is the only place I use improper language. She gets mad when people text her without spelling out the whole word. She can't stand the lols or the lmao or saying I love you I luv u. She is a funny fickle person.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My mom makes me go to speach because of my Lisp so I do not have that right.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #15 
Shirleythebetta

My husband had a lisp too. I think thats why he has trouble now. He doesn't have the lisp anymore since he went to speech therapy and he is thirty now. But he still has trouble and gets tounge tyed sometimes.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #16 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I used to have problems with my TH but it is only my S now.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #17 
Laki

2 gallons is fine. That's what size the bowl was in the video. It's better then him telling people to keep them in the tiny display bowls. He did mention those are strictly for store use and to put them in a 2 gallon thing. I much rather if this was the societal norm for caring for bettas, better than the "norm" they have.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #18 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The one the guy said is okay is .5 gallons. The guuy actually thinks one year is good. The two he has seem to be one gals and the ones around .25 or smaller. He said there name is latin whichis wrong. There named after the Asian tribe Betta. I doubt the Betta he has is really wild type. He said there are no bright green Bettas which is wrong there is bright green. Any fish can survive without a filter but ability to breath air does not cancel out filters extra waters changes and for some species power pumps. My Betta swims great. Sorry it is two. He does not explain how big of a water change. 75-80 more like 78-82F. He makes it looks like all lamps encourage plant growth. You have to turn the lamp off at night and temp change will probably be too much. He forgot Bettas need lids. He forgot good hiding cover. He is wrong .25 is not natural that is why .25 is bad. He put 4 or 5 Bettas in a 2 gallon which is not a sorioty and forgot hiding spots. I am glad he retired and sorry for any pets he has.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 11-15-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #19 
Laki

I heard him say 2g.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #20 
paloverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
The one the guy said is okay is .5 gallons. The guuy actually thinks one year is good. The two he has seem to be one gals and the ones around .25 or smaller. He said there name is latin whichis wrong. There named after the Asian tribe Betta. I doubt the Betta he has is really wild type. He said there are no bright green Bettas which is wrong there is bright green. Any fish can survive without a filter but ability to breath air does not cancel out filters extra waters changes and for some species power pumps. My Betta swims great. Sorry it is two. He does not explain how big of a water change. 75-80 more like 78-82F. He makes it looks like all lamps encourage plant growth. You have to turn the lamp off at night and temp change will probably be too much. He forgot Bettas need lids. He forgot good hiding cover. He is wrong .25 is not natural that is why .25 is bad. He put 4 or 5 Bettas in a 2 gallon which is not a sorioty and forgot hiding spots. I am glad he retired and sorry for any pets he has.
Wow, your knowledge of bettas history and care is amazing. Also your writing skills have improved a lot, you are formatting your sentences and using punctuation, good job.
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote