Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #91 
EvilVOG

aemaki, just re-replied to the pm i sent you with the tracking and checked it. Looks like it hit a snag and ended up in PA somehow. :(

Sorry this has not been a good day.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #92 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilVOG View Post
aemaki, just re-replied to the pm i sent you with the tracking and checked it. Looks like it hit a snag and ended up in PA somehow. :(

Sorry this has not been a good day.
I hope things get better c:
Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #93 
aemaki09

No worries! That's the sorting facility all packages end up at before they come to me. They should have been here today having got there yesterday, but oh well, they are supposed to be here tomorrow according to usps anyways. Plus weather is good so I'm not too worried :)

What's wrong?

How dd your show fish arrive bac to you?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #94 
EvilVOG

I hope so.

Fish came back to me and got left on my concrete porch yesterday. I was home, but no door knock or bell ring. found them in the afternoon, it was still 30 degrees, and the fish were darn near frozen, but they all made it.

other fish i shipped Tuesday didn't make it though. I'm thinking the gas station post office i dropped my boxes at is to blame. Seen him be rough with boxes before and specifically told him not only to be gentle, but what was in them. Next time it's straight to the post office if the neighborhood mail is three hours early again.

Got other stuff going on too. Best friend and next door neighbor's mother from when i grew up in Ohio I have just found out was sick the other day, and then she passed on the next. So i'm trying to get some stuff together to do down for the funeral.

And some nutcase is constantly flagging my Craig's list ads because he thinks it's funny.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #95 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
I hope so.

Fish came back to me and got left on my concrete porch yesterday. I was home, but no door knock or bell ring. found them in the afternoon, it was still 30 degrees, and the fish were darn near frozen, but they all made it.

other fish i shipped Tuesday didn't make it though. I'm thinking the gas station post office i dropped my boxes at is to blame. Seen him be rough with boxes before and specifically told him not only to be gentle, but what was in them. Next time it's straight to the post office if the neighborhood mail is three hours early again.

Got other stuff going on too. Best friend and next door neighbor's mother from when i grew up in Ohio I have just found out was sick the other day, and then she passed on the next. So i'm trying to get some stuff together to do down for the funeral.

And some nutcase is constantly flagging my Craig's list ads because he thinks it's funny.
That doesn't sound like things are going so well, I apologize.
I'm sure things will get better after this, there's always a rainbow at the end of every storm.

I wish you luck
Old 04-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #96 
aemaki09

Oh wow! You definitely have a lot going on!

My best friend of 10 years dad died last week from an anurism. It was really sudden and tragic so I know what you are going through with that. I'm sorry!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #97 
aemaki09

I got them this morning. Both were alive and are acclimating well!
They look great!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #98 
Option

Quote:

These are my exact fears & nightmares about shipping fish. I know it doesn't happen often if you know what you're doing, but to mail a show quality fish to a destination for an IBC competition can be such a gamble it seems.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #99 
aemaki09

After looking at These guys, I really want to get another pair!
Do you have any full reds?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #100 
EvilVOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option View Post
These are my exact fears & nightmares about shipping fish. I know it doesn't happen often if you know what you're doing, but to mail a show quality fish to a destination for an IBC competition can be such a gamble it seems.
It is a gamble but losses are rare. something had to have happened to that box. I've only lost 2 shipments out of near 100 now, this one and one other where the weather changed drastically mid-shipment and the heat pad i put in was probably also too hot.

So glad your fish made it. I was really nervous. As far as full red i only have the one that came out 100% red and he's not only one of my winning show fish, but will be a breeder too. I do have those couple males on my website that are mostly red (one is not feeling too well atm :X) and i have a couple females that are cambodian. Those have tended to turn red-er over time and once in isolation.
Closed Thread