Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #1 
vette91

New type of betta aquarium...

I'm not active here anymore, but I thought some of you guys might want to discuss whether this is the right aquarium for a betta.
I think its obviously too small but... debate away!!

http://www.nocleanaquariums.com/
vette91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #2 
LunaStars004

No, I really do not think it is a good aquarium. It is better than some of those horrible teeny aquariums though, but still not fit for a betta. It is too small, doesn't have a heater or filter, and can get very dirty easily. It is better to have a wide and low tank rather than a tall and deep tank like this, it will take longer for the betta to reach the top. I just think that it isn't right.
LunaStars004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #3 
DragonFyre14

It looks like a cool tank with a cool idea, but it is a bit too small... Would be a lot better if it had a wider base as LunaStars004 said. Really cool idea though. I wish they had a bigger size of this (like a 5 gallon for a betta or like a 20 gallon.)
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #4 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFyre14 View Post
It looks like a cool tank with a cool idea, but it is a bit too small... Would be a lot better if it had a wider base as LunaStars004 said. Really cool idea though. I wish they had a bigger size of this (like a 5 gallon for a betta or like a 20 gallon.)
i've often thought of taking a glass cutter and putting a water spout in the bottom of our tanks, it'd probably be easy to do if you have the right tools.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #5 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
it's a cool idea but to small and looks like a tall glass.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #6 
Matilda

If it was in the 2 gallon range, I'd be on this in a heartbeat. Making water changes easier & keeping the tank clean is a big plus in my book.
Most of the excess food & waste in tanks sinks to the bottom anyway & it looks like this device just sucks it all out the bottom.

But it would definitely have to be bigger & of course it would need a heater.
Matilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #7 
Okami

im with the group on this one. If it was bigger it would work great. While no heater pr filter is a minus, it would need frequent changes and that system would make those changes a lot less of a hassle in my opinion. Its very possible to keep a betta in 2 gals with no filter or heater and keep him happy and live a long time with proper attention. This unit makes that attention a lot easier to administer.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #8 
Myates

Hmm... I may actually check into this as jars for juvies from spawns :D This would make daily water changes so much easier and quicker! lol And I'm being serious about it too.. may have to look into it. Gotta beat the 32oz cups, right?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:59 AM   #9 
Ginzuishou

Neat idea, on the surface, but when you delve deeper into it........

It seems like it would be a big hassle down the road to have a tank such as this.
Ginzuishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #10 
gemsbok

Not to mention it costs seventy-freaking-dollars. Who's going to pay that much for such a puny hunk of glass? Nice concept, bad execution and price.
gemsbok is offline   Reply With Quote