Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #1 
mplsmommy

Cool Resisting

I managed to do what most of us can't today.
I decided that after nearly a month of not going into the Petco that is 3 blocks from my work that I'd stop in to have a look. It's a horrible idea as I have an open tank right now! I told myself that IF I did get one today it would be a less expensive veiltail male, since my grandma sent me a little money for a "treat"
Well, they had two really unique males that I liked a bit one was a eggshell white that looked like he might get some black marble in and a off white with maroon marbling. They were both really pretty! Then I looked at the babies, and there was a yellow-orange with light black specks who looked like he would marble out too (yes it was a marble thought fueled day lol) I scoped out the section about 3 times before deciding that I Wasn't going to get anyone today then Left the store empty handed!
Of course once I get home I tell my bf about the ones I saw especially the baby one (he thought they were cool sounding too) he goes, well you do have an empty tank.... Lol I decided then that after work on Monday, since they'll still be open I'll stop back and if the baby is still there he'll be coming home with me. Vice versa with the others probably too lol.
Just thought I'd share my "success" story, even if it's just for today.
mplsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 PM   #2 
madmonahan

Well you were more "successful" than me!....*sly smile*...yep that's right! XD
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #3 
sainthogan

That right there is my biggest fear about moving closer to a pet store - not being able to go in to get supplies without getting a fish. :/
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #4 
mplsmommy

It's not bad when my tanks are full... But as soon as I have one that's open, the little devil on my shoulder and my bf are like "you should totally get another!!" I have spent so much at petco that my rewards $'s I have earned over $30 in the past 3 moths.... 30/5=6*100=$600.... Oh yikes...!
mplsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote