Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #11 
Tikibirds

So far, yes. Four of them have been together since they were pretty young and they were all labled as VT femles by petco. It only occured to me that he was a male when his fins got to be bigger then the girls. I know alot of people with a mislabled male reported that as he got older, he got more aggressive. However I have not seen an increase in aggression from him or any of the females. If that happens or the females are starting to look stressed, I will remove him.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #12 
LebronTheBetta

Everyone these are beautiful tanks!
MPL, creative idea with those mugs! I wondered what they were.. I'll try that in the future some day.
Tiki, I was waiting for you to post. (; I just love love love all those plants in there!

I hope this thread gets popular, I want to see all of our members' sororities!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #13 
homegrown terror

20 gallon sorority with 11 girls, two mollies, three platies, two ADF's, and three apple snails. it's planted with water wisteria, water primrose, hornwort, java fern, amazon swords, rosette swords and probably some java moss or microswords in the near future.

homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #14 
chadi

my 8 females. 10gal, took all the plants out for cleaning. fed flakes and occasionally bloodworms. got along pretty well, except one female. i guess she was the at the top of the food chain.
chadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #15 
mplsmommy

Just took new pics of my tank since my other one was of when I first set it up. All of the girls are swarming to one end because they see me right there, and want to eat. As cute as they look they aren't getting anymore today, they had special bloodworms and loved them earlier. You can also see my anacharis(sp) tied onto my mug handle I'm seeing if it will take hold of it.
Attached Images

mplsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #16 
aemaki09

26 Gallons, 4 girls at the moment, would have had 5 but thats a long story. Waiting on another 2 to come in from AB and will be adding a few more here and there on occasion. I feed them Omega One Pellets. Theres 3 peppered cory's and 1DT male in the breeder net till I can get a heater for him, he was labeled completely wrong when i got him and thought he was a female until he came home and i noticed how much longer his fins were than any of my other girls.

This was just made into a sorority tank a few days ago, they are getting along very well so far, Even though it looks sparsley decorated to everyone elses tanks it provides plenty of hiding spaces and I have more plants and decorations coming in the mail here soon.
Attached Images

aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #17 
LebronTheBetta

So many tanks! I never knew there were so many, and more to come. ^^ I decided to be lazy and wait until the laptop and I are in the same room.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #18 
ao
TFK Moderator

geeezzz ltb, Ive been eager to see yours
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #19 
registereduser

I worked on my album today. Here I have all 9 of my females. They get along pretty well, just added 2 new ones on Friday and so far so good. They chase but they hardly ever nip, even the baby is fine and does her share of chasing! There is a pic of the tank (20 gallon) but I need to buy some tall silk plants to fill it in. I clean it once a week and it is too dirty to have real planted plants.

Also in the tank are 2 otos, 3 cories (soon to be replaced by shrimps) and 2 nerites.

http://www.bettafish.com/album.php?albumid=4169

Last edited by registereduser; 12-10-2013 at 09:56 PM.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #20 
LebronTheBetta

Ao, my dad is using the laptop. I think I'll show them tomorrow when I come home from school. xD
Registered, that's hornwort right? I love it. :) Not to be rude but your tank seems a little bit bare, no fighting at all? Well, more than the usual nips?