Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #1 
JBrady

Question Betta not eating?

My betta of 3-4 years died so I decided to get another one. He's a veil tail from petco that I named Rupp lol. I got him yesterday and it seems like he doesn't want to eat the food I have. I've tried 2 different types of pellets, tropical flakes (I have 2 community tanks), and betta flakes. He eats it then spits it back out.
I have him in a 2.5 gallon with a heater and filter. He seems to be healthy and really happy to be out of that tiny cup. Any suggestions?? (:

Btw this is my first post. Does anyone know how to add pictures to this from an iPod touch/iPhone?
JBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #2 
babystarz

I'm guessing he's just confused because he isn't used to the food you're offering him. You may want to soak the pellets in garlic juice to entice him. What kind of pellets have you been trying to give him? Most bettas won't turn away Omega One Betta Buffet or New Life Spectrum. Since he is trying the food it's probably not an issue of him getting used to a new place, but that's also a common occurrence for new bettas.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:01 PM   #3 
JBrady

I'm not sure on the brand of the food because I took the container and dumped it into a zip lock bag and the other kind of pellets came with the aqueon tank I bought. Ill wait a couple days and see how he is. I usually get betas who are pigs right when I bring them home
JBrady is offline   Reply With Quote