Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #1 
RaptorX8
New Member
 
RaptorX8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tampa Bay area, FL
Question about Seachem Prime

I know a lot of people use it, I just switched to it earlier this year.

So I went to use it today, shook it up, opened it, and Holy Olfactory Senses, Batman! It sinks! I used it a few days ago and it didn't smell.

Is this normal or has something gone horribly wrong and I need to replace it?
RaptorX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #2 
DragonFish
Member
 
DragonFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Batavia, IL
Eh....Prime smells. Pretty bad. xD Don't worry, theres nothing wrong with it, its pretty normal.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #3 
NorthernLights
Member
 
NorthernLights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
prime stinks

On the bottle somewhere it says "sulpher smell is normal".

Sulpher smells like rotten eggs.

Sometimes I notice it, sometimes I don't.
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #4 
RaptorX8
New Member
 
RaptorX8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tampa Bay area, FL
Thanks. I've been using it so much and I've never noticed the smell before. I thought maybe something had gone wrong with the stuff. I even checked the date on it.

Maybe I'm still just used to sulfur smells and other things. I used to work in a photo lab and man can that stuff stink but you get used to it and eventually don't smell it anymore unless it gets really bad.
RaptorX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #5 
babystarz
Member
 
babystarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
If you think Prime smells bad, don't ever use Flourish XD
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #6 
Kytkattin
Member
 
Kytkattin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
If you think Prime smells bad, don't ever use Flourish XD
Flourish isn't that bad. It smells like the earth. Kind of rotting earth, like where you would find mushrooms. I think Prime is much worse, but then, I am weird and like rotting earth smell.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #7 
Kevron56
New Member
 
Kevron56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Yum!
Kevron56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #8 
Aurie
Member
 
Aurie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Portland, Oregon
I started using prime then I got an outbreak of blue green algea in the tank.. I don't think it caused the outbreak since my white clouds in that tank had 29 babies in there, which was the cause but I didn't know if the nasty smell was the prime or something else


It was something else.. BGA STINKS worse than prime!
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #9 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorX8 View Post
Thanks. I've been using it so much and I've never noticed the smell before. I thought maybe something had gone wrong with the stuff. I even checked the date on it.

Maybe I'm still just used to sulfur smells and other things. I used to work in a photo lab and man can that stuff stink but you get used to it and eventually don't smell it anymore unless it gets really bad.
Theres a date on it? I dont think prime expires...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #10 
Kevron56
New Member
 
Kevron56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Honolulu, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurie View Post
I started using prime then I got an outbreak of blue green algea in the tank.. I don't think it caused the outbreak since my white clouds in that tank had 29 babies in there, which was the cause but I didn't know if the nasty smell was the prime or something else


It was something else.. BGA STINKS worse than prime!
I think I have some blue green algae in my tank, I have a question re the smell.... What does it smell like? AND how close does the noggin' have to be to get a whiff of it?
Kevron56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seachem Prime dosage? Indyfishy Betta Fish Care 11 10-26-2011 06:04 AM
Seachem Prime? Shaon Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 10 07-31-2011 09:14 PM
Seachem Prime SilverCaracal Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 15 02-27-2011 07:01 PM
Seachem Prime Lion Mom Betta Fish Care 7 07-07-2010 11:04 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.