Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #51 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
yay for new heaters!!!
got my new heater today, its way bigger than the pic made it look which kinda peeved me out a bit b/c it was hard to get into my small tank and looks kinda tacky but as long as hes warm I guess thats all that really matters right. I adjusted to right at 80 (26.6c if Im not mistaken) and now Im just watching my thermometer to make sure it stays at the right temp. I may keep my eyes peeled for a smaller one and reserve this one for a bigger tank in the future but for now atleast it beats the heat mat I was using, his temp fluctuated too much in that one ( but is was still better than nothing)

right now sushi is just circling the heater and flaring at it, but he did that when I added is thermometer as well so hopefully he will get used to it and learn to appreciate it as well. atleast till mommy can get him a smaller one....
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #52 
ao
TFK Moderator

I just redid my tank today too. Kuro pretty much ignored everything that went on. I'm just annoyed by that sand... it turned out to be too white. *throws a fit*
Attached Images

ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #53 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Lovely, Aokashi. The sand will soon be covered by that grass. It'll look nice. And, as usual, no sign of heater or filter. Amazing!
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #54 
ao
TFK Moderator

*eyes top left corner of tank >.>
reallllly? I see them as plain as day! D:

but thank you for the lovely complements :D
Im not sure how the dwarf hair grass will do without CO2 but I guess it's wait and see...

Last edited by ao; 11-24-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #55 
sareena79

my heater didnt last long...damn thing started making the power converter burn up so I had to go back to the heat mat until I can find a safe heater for both my fish and my HOUSE! Im a little ticked off
Old 11-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #56 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
my heater didnt last long...damn thing started making the power converter burn up so I had to go back to the heat mat until I can find a safe heater for both my fish and my HOUSE! Im a little ticked off

why do u need a power converter?
Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #57 
sareena79

well I bought a heater off ebay and it was a 220v and I ddint know it till I had already paid so I bought a converter and needless to say I should have just sprung for a heater off amazon instead cuz theres no way Im leaving that thing plugged in after how hot it got today in just 10min (the converter) hopefully I can get them both returned and not be out too much on shipping and buy something better. I need something pretty small though b/c his tank is only 2g and its curved so its hard to fit a long heater in it (which was another gripe I had with this one, it was HUGE compared to the pic so I had to float it)
Old 11-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #58 
ao
TFK Moderator

oh I have one of those, you dont need the converter, it will work perfectly.
Actually if you look real close at the pic of my tank I have above, might have the exact same one on the left :)
Old 11-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #59 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
oh I have one of those, you dont need the converter, it will work perfectly.
Actually if you look real close at the pic of my tank I have above, might have the exact same one on the left :)
looks pretty close to what I have, hard to tell with the plants....heres the one I bought http://www.ebay.com/itm/140759173681...84.m1439.l2649 only the one in the pic looks nice and compact and the one I got is crazy big so Im hoping maybe they just sent me the wrong one and I can get a replacement. good to know it can be used w/o the converter, although Im such a chicken I might not lol
Old 11-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #60 
ao
TFK Moderator

yep exact same one.
they took the photo from below so it looks shorter. but adjustable heaters dont really get any smaller than this one :)

it's a good heater. believe me.

and if you want more feedback on the same heater, dragonfish has like 5.... so you can pm him/her and ask