Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #1 
MaggieLynn

Talking Betta shaming!!!!!!!!

Ok so most of you know about dog shaming where if your dog did something shame worthy you make a sign and take a picture. Well after my heart attack last night caused by Gail I decided to do Betta Shaming! So this is a thread for fish shaming. To start it off here are pictures of me shaming 3 of my 4 fin babies. Please share pictures and stories of your sassy and silly fish!
Attached Images

MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #2 
registereduser

THIS IS GREAT!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #3 
MaggieLynn

I went to go feed Gail last night and I get to the tank and she is no where. And she is in a one gallon tank. There is just a cave and a plant besides the filter and there is a lid with an opening maybe around the size of a quarter for feeding so she couldnt have jumped out. I take off the lid brace myself and look in the filter and her head pops up near the surface of the water. I go to move the filter lower for her to get out but she swam out before I could. Thankfully I cant sleep with the filter on and that I forgot to turn it back on that day. its a tetra whisper so there is room for her inbetween the filter cartridge and wall of the filter. Scared me half to death though. So I decided to publicly shame her.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #4 
Gryphon

There is a reason I named him polar bear. If I'm not paying attention to where he is when I'm near the top of the tank, I always get surprised by a hard nip on my hand/fingers. I never knew bettas could bite so hard until I got this one, and he will jump up a good inch to reach me to do so as well.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #5 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

LOLOLOLOL These are great what a wonderful idea ! Now to wait for Perseus to do something so I can make one...lol
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #6 
horsyqueen

This is soo cool I should try this with my betta fish.
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #7 
sainthogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieLynn View Post
I went to go feed Gail last night and I get to the tank and she is no where. And she is in a one gallon tank. There is just a cave and a plant besides the filter and there is a lid with an opening maybe around the size of a quarter for feeding so she couldnt have jumped out. I take off the lid brace myself and look in the filter and her head pops up near the surface of the water. I go to move the filter lower for her to get out but she swam out before I could. Thankfully I cant sleep with the filter on and that I forgot to turn it back on that day. its a tetra whisper so there is room for her inbetween the filter cartridge and wall of the filter. Scared me half to death though. So I decided to publicly shame her.
My fish jumped out of her tank through a hole about the size of a quarter, so it is possible for yours to do it as well. She fell about 4 feet and was out of the water about a half an hour before I found her. Thankfully, she is ok, but I just wanted to warn you that perhaps you should cover that hole just in case.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #8 
horsyqueen

wow, Is it normal not to have fish that jump because none of mine have ever?
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #9 
MaggieLynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sainthogan View Post
My fish jumped out of her tank through a hole about the size of a quarter, so it is possible for yours to do it as well. She fell about 4 feet and was out of the water about a half an hour before I found her. Thankfully, she is ok, but I just wanted to warn you that perhaps you should cover that hole just in case.
her thermometer is right but the opening blocking it enough so that I can only get pellets into the opening. thankfully that is there otherwise I might be worried. Glad she is ok! I wish I did this when I first had my sorority a while ago (gail is the only remaining member left my other girl is my baby from petco) anyway one day i couldnt find one of my girls and I ended up finding her under the heater, and I had two large under gravel heaters but one of them wasnt pushed down all the way in the corner so she decided to make herself a little nest.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #10 
MistersMom

This is cute....
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote