Betta Fish Forum banner

Dumbo Betta

4K views 49 replies 15 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
I walked into my LFS and they had dumbo bettas! Only about 5. They were 15.99. Even when I showed my fiance he was like so your getting another fish. lol I said I HAD to because they are different. Plus he is a plakat and I wanted another one of them. I dont think hes a halfmoon PK. Think he is just a dumbo PK.

He is currently in a breeder box in my fiance neon tetra tank because I have no other place for him. i would have floated the box in pineapples tank but i didnt want to stress both bettas out since they would then be able to see each other. he is swimming around the box fine. we are thinking of letting him loose with the tetras. I just dont want him getting hurt by them or him attacking the tetras. There are 7 neon tetras in the tank so i think it is a big enough school that they will leave him alone. What do you think?

Here are some pics of him

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
well we have a 10 gallon planted tank that only has 1 betta in it lol. he was supposed to move his tetras to it and then i dunno he never did. i can bring that up again. it can be 10 gallons with his tetras and one betta, and i can move my HM in the 5. i wouldnt want to leave the halfmoon with the tetras. im sure that would tempt the tetras too much. im more worried about my betta. while hes worried about his tetras

#13 ·
Yeah I wouldn't put a halfmoon with tetras either. Hmm maybe you guys could just test it out and keep a close eye. SOmetimes it works sometimes it doesn't

#15 ·
We moved the tetras to the 10 gallon, then moved the halfmoon to the 5 gallon and put Dumbo in the 10 with the tetras. So now the tetras have more room and they havent shown much interest to each other. Dumbo gets close to the tetras and then swims off or they move out of his way. And my halfmoon seems perfectly fine in the 5 gallon.

#16 ·
I think it is because he knows he cant catch them either that or they as insectivores do not go after fast moving fish. Keep an eye on the Tetras Neons are known nippers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.