Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #1 
LongTimeAquarist

Smile New Betta in an Old Tank

I've just bought a new Male Betta from Wal-Mart, and just recently put him into my 10g tank, that also contains a Rainbow Platy, 4 Harlequin Rasboras and plenty of live plants. He is mostly red, which would be his name since I'm too lazy to come up with one, with spots of blue near the back and on his tail, around the roots. The picture you're seeing, sorry about the way it looks, minimal lighting and he was moving, and if the date is there, please ignore it since I haven't learn everything about my camera yet, is of him in the cup that they have them in Wal-Mart, and he has plenty of energy in the cup, which he has more of it now since I've moved him in there. He does flares up to the other fish, but it's more like a 'leave me alone' flare up since he doesn't give chase when they get out of way, probably because they are too fast for him, and hopefully down the road, he would get along with them okay.
Anyway, since I have the top and middle levels covered, I am currently looking for something to cover the bottom of the tank, while also handling any algae issues I might get. What I'm looking into is some Amano Shrimp, since they can eat any algae and whatever hits the bottom. Another is probably a bristlenose pleco or oto catfish, that is if they can eat anything other than algae in case they run out. Right now I'm just throwing out ideas, and could use a few more when the time comes, so feel free to shoot them out towards me and I'll consider them. I'll even consider a cory cat and snail combo, if anybody knows which ones would fit in a 10g tank.
As for the picture of the betta, it would be like the before picture, and if he lasts a month, I'll take the after picture, and hopefully get you a better look. And as a heads up, some of the fins look a little twisted, I'm guessing probably from a bad net experience.
Attached Images

LongTimeAquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:54 AM   #2 
William Zhong

just take care of them :D good luck broo
William Zhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 AM   #3 
LongTimeAquarist

Oh I well, although this betta isn't fully open to me like the last were. The last ones, they swim up to me whenever I'm near the tank. This one, swims away, either it means it takes a while for this one to warmup to me or this one just don't care.
LongTimeAquarist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new betta, old tank