Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #1 
peas

Too much tap water conditioner?

I'm pretty much new to this site, and I've searched around for a bit to see if I could find an answer. Not really coming across anything...

I recently went to my father's house (for Thanksgiving break) and brought my Hachi along (and my snail, Harley). Unfortunately there was no way I could fit my 2G cookie jar-tank in the truck with us so I bought him a "travel" tank from petco. It's .75G which I think will be okay for him since I'm only going to be here for about five days, maybe less. I'm doing daily water changes (in the morning) for him so it's cleaned daily!

Onto my question: on day one of being here I accidentally added four drops of APi's tap water conditioner. I think it conditioned the tank pretty dang well. Is this dangerous if I add too much? I quickly changed it as soon as I got up the next morning once I realised what I did. This time I added two, still in a morning daze. (He was acting a little 'bluh' and not really roaming much--if course this could also be because it is a tiny plastic tank. I added a mirror this evening for him to flare up just so he has something to do and so I know he is somewhat okay. He is definitely flaring like crazy!)

What is dangerous? What can be the consequences for too much conditioner?

My apologies if this has been questioned before.
peas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #2 
twolovers101

I think you're safe. Generally you if you accidentally over dose it's fine up to 2 times the recommended dosage. I'm not positive on this, but I've seen several similar threads that have said the same thing
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #3 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Yea you can't really overdose the conditioner unless you dump a whole bunch in.. Lol
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #4 
sunstar93

Lol ive done that before, added in like 5 drops by accident! And I have that same tank! The only thing I don't like is that if it is not completely upright and on a stable surface it will spill out...had about half of the water spilled onto my car seat :(
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #5 
peas

Ah good... now I don't feel nearly as bad haha. I mean I was tired and mistakes do happen but good grief at least nothing bad came out of this. Thank you!
peas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water conditioner