Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #11 
Kytkattin

This is interesting to know. I plan on getting a baby after Christmas. I was hoping to get one purely because I tend to grow my bettas big and I was curious to see how huge I could get one if I started from an even smaller size/age. I wonder what my results will be!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #12 
meiperfectneina19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
This is interesting to know. I plan on getting a baby after Christmas. I was hoping to get one purely because I tend to grow my bettas big and I was curious to see how huge I could get one if I started from an even smaller size/age. I wonder what my results will be!
Well keep us updated in your progress. I would be interested in knowing if you can make it grow as big or bigger than the rest of your fish. ^^
meiperfectneina19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #13 
aemaki09

[quote=meiperfectneina19;1318403]That is interesting. Wonder if by exercising the fish it would lower the risks or amount of deformation.

-I doubt that. I read its just something that happens when they have too much finnage. But it could also just be a deformity so who knows...

heres my 2, they each have a deformity but they dont know it! lol
Attached Images

aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #14 
Perry the platypus

Are you sure it's a him?
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #15 
meiperfectneina19

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09
-I doubt that. I read its just something that happens when they have too much finnage. But it could also just be a deformity so who knows...

heres my 2, they each have a deformity but they dont know it! lol
Well as long as they don't know it it is fine lol. Bit doesn't know it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry the platypus View Post
Are you sure it's a him?
I think he is, but it has come to question a couple of times. I can try to take a picture of his underside to see if he has an egg spot.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #16 
Kytkattin

In my siggy is a before and after pic of my female betta. She was so tiny, maybe about half an inch when I got her. Now she is almost 2 inches from mouth to tail base.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #17 
LittleFish2012

I've adopted two petco babies- one male, one female. They are both perfectly normal and extremely healthy.

I wonder that maybe some turn out a bit "deformed" because of malnutrition? I fed both my babies frozen brine shrimp right off the bat because they were so weak and tiny. Here they are now, Striker and Sydney.
Attached Images

LittleFish2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #18 
Bounce

I think Bit is adorable
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #19 
meiperfectneina19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
In my siggy is a before and after pic of my female betta. She was so tiny, maybe about half an inch when I got her. Now she is almost 2 inches from mouth to tail base.
So cute and that is great how much she has grown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleFish2012 View Post
I've adopted two petco babies- one male, one female. They are both perfectly normal and extremely healthy.

I wonder that maybe some turn out a bit "deformed" because of malnutrition? I fed both my babies frozen brine shrimp right off the bat because they were so weak and tiny. Here they are now, Striker and Sydney.
Cute guys. Well I don't know it might be the nutrition. I am feeding him pellets made for babies and blood worms. I bought some frozen brine shrimp today to add more variability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
I think Bit is adorable
Thank you ^^ He sure is. And we are happy to have such an unique little guy ^^
Old 11-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #20 
Chris430

the first betta ive adopted (since pitifully trying to keep them as a kid, ill confess), was a petco baby betta. took him home first weekend of july i believe. we've noticed no deformities, though i am in no way the fish guru some people here are. i am actually quite pleased with his size and fins and colors :)

this is a collage i made of him over time

however, i have noticed him to be much lazier than the betta i got as an adult. we picked up a sickly guy from a local grocery store, and he immediately flourished into the active exploratory betta you expect to have. baby blue, despite all signs of great health, is just a lazier fish. same temp tanks, been in both a bigger and smaller tank than the other. just naturally lazier is the only explanation. still very cute and playful though.

Last edited by Chris430; 11-21-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Chris430 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, betta, deformities, petco