As the title says. I was flabbergasted and felt like someone kicked me hard in the stomach. I left the convenience store that they had them at.
Their instructions says:
- 50% Water change every 2 months
- Feed 5-6 larvae every 3 days
And that's it. Just advertised as a balanced ecosystem that need little to no care
I just called the company to at the very least add these specifications:
- Need for a heater and temperature to be at a constant 25-28C.
- Inform people that bettas need space to breathe and not fill the vase to the brim
- Water changes 50% once a week and 100%. at the end of the week
- Food everyday and 1 for fasting in small quantities.
They took my call with a good attitude and said that the website's specifications about betta care will change within a few days and the next batch of instructions will have this printed out.
Let's see if it is true, I cannot stop them alone to stop selling this product, the company biogarden, sells rather good plant ecosystems that people enjoy but these betta vases are new to them and they aren't informed AT ALL.
I know it's horrible and they should stop, but one against a corporation does very little. Especially in a country where the aquarium hobby is a very small dwindling number.