Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #1 
Ramla

Looking to upgrade

So sadly my Mr. Stark passed away recently, rest in peace little guy. And now that I will be looking to get a new fish, I am also looking to upgrade my set up I currently have.

This is the current tank and equipment I have along with a heater, it is three gallons and is a half moon shape. It has a gravel substrate, a bridge for the fish to hide under, 3 silk plants (1 is a little betta grass thing, the others are small and medium sized broad leaved plants) and a small anubias growing.

So for an upgrade, I am looking to find a 5 gallon rectangular tank, simply because the rounded edges really kind of take away a lot of space that could be used, and the way it is set up it just makes it difficult to decorate properly. I would also like to be able to add a snail of some sort, so 5 gal could hold the bioload better, and get some more live plants, now that I know I can keep them alive XD

So this is where you guys come in, I want your input, since there are a lot ore experienced betta owners on here than I. What's a good inexpensive 5 gallon tank? Any ideas for a type of snail and info about them? And ideas for live plants? The local pet store I discovered has a fairly good selection for live plants, that are actually kept in tanks and not shipped in little tubes.
Ramla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would let algae grow a bit then add Nerites.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote