Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #1 
ImStillLearning

The name says it all?

Heyo,

Just joined the site, and as you can see the boyfriend and I have a tiny collection of 10 Betta fish.

It honestly didn't start out like that I promise lol, it sort of just became addiction quickly... So allow me to give you a little back story.

My young girl employee decided to go to Ottawa for schooling, and was looking for someone who could take her Betta. So I volunteered. And I got my first Betta fish, Smurf who is a blue VeilTail...
I felt like he looked a little lonely, so not long after we bought Buddha, a goldish HalfMoon. And bought a tank with a divider, so that they could be besties. And that's exactly what happened.

A week or two later we were in the store, and didn't intend on buying anything, and then we walked out with two more HalfMoons. Stefan, the white with coloring and Damon the deep red. ( and for those who are wondering, yes we named them after the vampire diaries characters lol)

Then a few weeks later, we were out and about, and needless to say we ended up coming home with two more, another HalfMoon, Caesar. And a CrownTail, Spartacus. Both black with blue highlights....

Just when I thought the addiction was done, I got a gift card from work as a goodbye since I was transferred to another store, sooooo as you can imagine or should I say guess? We came home with two more, another VeilTail, Sunny who is orange. And a CrownTail, Spike, bluish black with red tips.

I promised my boyfriend I was done... Then I seen a beautiful purples VeilTail, and being the impulse shopper that I am, he came home with me, Jaws is his name. So I told my boyfriend, he couldn't be in a tank all alone, so he picked out another HalfMoon, red in color, named Apollo.

Pictures are within my profile. There are two in a tank with Divider, all very little happy boys!

Anyways I guess I went a little overboard on the introduction! looking forward to reading and sharing.
ImStillLearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:19 AM   #2 
logisticsguy

Hello. Nice story and good to see you here. You are among other betta addicts. I live in Calgary and there are many other betta people from Canada here as well. Betta are such an amazing and intelligent fish. Cheers.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #3 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Welcom to the forum!

I noticed your tanks in your profile and they seem to all be in 2.5 gallon divided (correct me if I am wrong). If I may say so, keeping a divided that small is very risky as the poop of your bettas will accumulate and can cause problems in the long run. I myself kept one tank like that but the bettas in there caught fin rot very easily but after giving their own tanks, they got back in shape. So my advice is be very carufel and make sure you visit the water change sticky to see how much water changes you should be doing..

Oh yes and it also seems that Buddha and Stefan are Delta Tails instead of halfmoons but I could be wrong.. Either way beautiful fish you got there!

Enjoy the forum!

Last edited by LeoTheLakerBetta; 11-24-2012 at 12:38 AM.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #4 
registereduser

I think those are divided 5 gallons? That decor would not fit into divided 2.5 gallons.

Anyway, my faves are Stefan, Sunny and omg Buddha! awesome boys!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #5 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping...

Nice to meet you...

Be sure and post questions in the proper section for best response....

Enjoy your stay.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi, welcome to the forum.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote