Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #11 
Chris430

i dont understand why the shape of the food is that important when the ingredients and information is almost identical. if the other option is to watch him starve because he wont eat pellets, of any of the three brands ive already spent money on, it just doesnt feel moral. especially when my other fish has been eating the flakes for longer, and is flourishing beautifully, with excellent colors and spectacular fins
also, although the cause of fin damage is important, right now my focus is what i am supposed to do to stop this now and make sure it heals. ive never had a fish get any sort of fin damage, and i really need to know how to help my friend
Chris430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

They wont starve they can go weeks without food. If you deny them one food they will give it up. The food is easier to digest, more natural too.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #13 
Chris430

where did you find this information? ive been googling since you brought it to my attention and i can not find one site that doesnt say that they can have flakes, although they may reject them, simply by own preference. could you please find me the source so that i can understand it?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It is widely accepted here. The Betta I feed pellets outlived the one that eats flakes too.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #15 
Chris430

its also widely accepted most places that bettas live in nasty puddles, but educated people know more than that. im just looking for the article that explains it. one persons test, even if perfectly controlled, leaves a lot of room for error. i would just like the details of the ingredients that make it less nutritious.
also- really. i have a betta who really needs help now, i dont know how to give it to him, and i need to go to work. i already have no time to run to the store before my shift. does anyone know how i can help my betta .now. before it gets much worse?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #16 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

OFL can explain it.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 PM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Also what is the first ingredient?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #18 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Its Fin Nipping.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #19 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris430 View Post
its also widely accepted most places that bettas live in nasty puddles, but educated people know more than that. im just looking for the article that explains it. one persons test, even if perfectly controlled, leaves a lot of room for error. i would just like the details of the ingredients that make it less nutritious.
also- really. i have a betta who really needs help now, i dont know how to give it to him, and i need to go to work. i already have no time to run to the store before my shift. does anyone know how i can help my betta .now. before it gets much worse?
I said widely accepted here and puddle is not widely acepted here.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #20 
Chris430

i was just explaining that just because something is accepted because it makes sense doesnt mean the facts back it up. youre sure its fin nipping? what can i do to stop it? he doesnt seem the least bit bored, he has a lot to do in his tank