Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #1 
Abby

Is it possible?

So I had Ananke in spawn tank (Red VT girl quite large)
i put Phanes in, he made epic nest i had her out last night and back in this morning, i didnt see a wrapping or anything but she was quite eggy.
so i took her back cause shes quite ill and after speaking to the lfs he wanted to return her to the breeder, i came home Phanes was adding to his nest
its beyond epic size now. So out of curiosity i put another girl in the intro jar, but he wanted nothing to do with her. i released her. he was defending the nest quite plainy any time she got close he would hunt her off. ive taken her out, it was just to see if the reaction he had to Ananke in the end was the same as the reaction to Atlanta.

Now he wont leave the nest alone. adding bubbles and just circiling under it.

Is it possible that he got some eggs out of Ananke (the fatty who looked ready to blow up)
she didnt look any more deflated but its got me curious cause hes hardly moving away from nest. he seems to be trolling to see if Atlanta is gone but keeps returning to the nest???

NB: today (she was removed yesterday) the nest is still quite epic, its about 1cm-1.5cm thick in bubbles. he is still trolling the tank.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #2 
aemaki09

My CT female looked the same way when I removed her, still quite full looking, but I saw the whole spawn happen so I know that eggs were removed.

I guess sometimes it just happens, or maybe one of them got tired of spawning and decided they were done even though the female still had some eggs left?
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #3 
Sena Hansler

It is possible that they stopped in the middle of spawning - getting some eggs, but not all. Give him a couple days, and if you see any bouncing tails you've got babies! Some of my females look deflated afterwards, while some are still looking "fat". Some of my males get tired of spawning, and push the female away (larger spawns lol) so she just reabsorbs the eggs.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote