Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #1 
wah543

Betta got himself stuck behind heater

This is the second time I noticed my betta get himself stuck behind the heater. The first time was a couple of months ago I saw it happening so I was to get him out of there quickly. This time I woke up and saw he was stuck I don't know how long he was there for and when I moved the heater his fins were badly tattered up. Is there something I can get to help him heal quicker? And I think I might try toting the heater or something
wah543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #2 
Phaydra

Big Red is bad to do this. I buried the heater in the gravel. If your little guy is doing it for the same reason mine was provide him with more sleeping places. I used soft plastic plant strong enough to hold him a small castle and a Betta hammock. If you are using a filter check to make sure it is not creating too strong a current forcing him to wedge himself into places to sleep. Also make sure the filter is secure at the top and bottom. Bubbles love to swim up behind filters. Rubbed his little sides red before I figured out what he was doing.

Last edited by Phaydra; 11-25-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #3 
wah543

I got a plastic plant and a toy castle he usually sleeps under the plant though its his go to place usually, and I don't think the filters that strong he's usually calmly swimming around the top of the tank where the current is
Old 11-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #4 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wah543 View Post
I got a plastic plant and a toy castle he usually sleeps under the plant though its his go to place usually, and I don't think the filters that strong he's usually calmly swimming around the top of the tank where the current is
Just buried the heater then you should be okay. He may be like my Bubble was and to curious for his own good.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #5 
wah543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaydra View Post
Just buried the heater then you should be okay. He may be like my Bubble was and to curious for his own good.
Hmm that's going to be tough bc the wires short on it ill I`ll have to rearrange it somehow' but is there something I can get for him to help him heal quicker
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #6 
deso

You might not be able to bury the heater. Some heaters can't touch gravel or don't work when placed at the wrong angle. Check the instructions manual the heater came with or search online before doing that.

I sympathise with your situation, though, because my boy managed to burn a huge chunk off of his forehead a month back. It looked truly awful, but I just put a teaspoon of aquarium salt, and began to see signs of healing by the next morning. Now, it's impossible to see that he ever had a run-in with the heater in the first place.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote