Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yay you are a saint. The only problem is tank size and the fact they need groups of 5.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:51 AM   #12 
sunstar93

Lol I figure I have enough in my body that I can give some to someone who really needs it, just crossing my fingers and hoping for a call! <3
And yeah, I know I should have a bigger tank (might get a bigger one for Christmas) and am hesitant to add more. I meant to only have 3 but Jade slipped in when I was choosing Phoebe and I was like "sure, what the heck?". But they seem pretty happy, eating well and zipping around the tank and up tote surface. They like to play in the filter current lol. If/when I get a bigger tank I want to bump their number up to 6.

Leo is doing much better! He has some scarring on his left gill covering but other than that he looks better, still finishing the treatment with Maracide and keeping him in the QT tank (btw, Petco small aquatic critter keepers are amazing for this purpose lol, hold a little less than a gallon and easy to medicate). He has ceased tail biting for now and that is a good sign, don't have to worry about fin rot setting in! Though I can still see a couple betta-sized bites taken from it lol.
I got a new betta! He is a Delta tail, so pretty. A "Happy (early) Birthday" to myself haha. Saw him and couldn't resist. He's like sea-green with red on his fins, close to his body, and has black dots on the rays of his fins. The lower half of his face is peach colored and looks cute lol. He is in a 1.5 cube tank (I know, should be 2 gallons but I'm really only supposed to have one tank in my room, max of 10 gallons and already having Leo's QT tank outside of my 10 gallon is pushing it. And my new boy is pretty small right now.). He loves to stare at himself in the tank wall and flare sometimes lol. He's so cute!

(I will post a pic of my new boy tomorrow, my iPad is not cooperating. I also have his pics up in my album on my profile page).
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

~~Sunstar~~
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #13 
sunstar93

Pictures!! (:

Here are the pictures I promised!!

Leo! He doesn't normally look like this...this was taken right after he stole a big chunk of the cories' food.
Name:  IMG_0049.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0050.jpg
Size:  63.4 KB

My new boy!! The first picture is of his home...it's kinda bare right now lol.
Name:  IMG_0090.jpg
Size:  32.1 KB

I can imagine him saying "Who is that handsome devil staring back at me?"
Name:  IMG_0097.jpg
Size:  50.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0098.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  61.2 KB

My cories! From left to right: Jade, Isis, Jazzy, Phoebe.
Name:  IMG_0101.jpg
Size:  65.8 KB

~Sunstar~
Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love your twenty gallon.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #15 
sunstar93

Thanks! It's a 10 gallon though- hoping that I will get a bigger one soon though! All the plants are kinda uprooted because I took the pic w/ the cories right after I used the gravel vac.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #16 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am glad you are upgrading maybe when you take the bronze cories out add pygmy cories.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #17 
sunstar93

I would because they are really cute but the only ones they sell around here are green/emerald, albinos, featherfin, juli and sometimes peppered. I want to get the bigger tank and then maybe use my 10 gallon for a sorority (still thinking about it, not sure yet) or divide it for my two boys. Still a ways down the road but I've been saving my money (it's not easy or fun being a broke college kid haha). I am going to ask my petstores though if pygmies are like a seasonal pet, sometimes they do that, like they had a couple clown plecos for about 2 weeks and they've never ordered them again so we'll see!! (:
Old 11-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #18 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bobs tropical plants sells pygmies.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #19 
sunstar93

I will have to look into that(:

My new boy, Tobias (Toby, for short) built me a a little bubble nest! So cute! Leo has only ever built me one but it got destroyed by the filter. So proud of my little man!

~~Sunstar~~

P.S.: off to the pet store..again haha.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Its cute but doesnt mean anything.