Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #21 
sunstar93

Lol I know wish it did though! Maybe it is because he can see Leo next door, not completely sure. It is still cute lol.
He is being a picky eater right now, i tried to give him a bloodworm but he ignored it...I'll try again in a couple of days. He likes his pellets though, which is always good lol
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #22 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter will eat anythinmg except food that is below the surface and flakes. He gets many pellet food 4 brands maybe 3.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #23 
sunstar93

Lol that sounds like Leo! He loves to eat...he even sometimes makes a snack out my friends goldfish's "sun dried baby shrimp" (she had put a couple in a plastic bag and gave them to me, thinking he might like them). I give them to him as a treat and it keeps him busy, takes him a bit to tear it apart lol. They are pretty small though, perfect betta size. He also gets pellets, omega one flakes and the bloodworms. I try to change up his diet so he doesn't get bored lol. Toby loves his pellets though he is not too keen on the flakes yet...he'll get there lol.
I have a feeling that betta fish are some of the most spoiled fish around! Not that there is anything wrong with that haha- in fact I love to spoil my boys.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #24 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Sounds like great little nutrient rich snacks.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #25 
sunstar93

They are. I ended up getting a little thing of them myself. They definitely don't smell pleasent when you open it up though lol. They are nutritious in that there is nothing else added to them, only the baby shrimp. If they are a little big I break them up and give him the 2 halves.

So I have a question...does anyone else have yucky little white worms in their tanks? In my 10 gallon, last week when I was vacumming the gravel, I noticed some litte white stringy things floating around in the water and thought that maybe they came off the new silk plants I had put in there...well then I looked in the clear bucket I use for water changes and they were worms!! Does anyone else have them? I looked them up, they are harmless but apparently they can come as a little "surprise" in Tetra Brand flakes (not completely sure! Just what i read on other forums...) and mainly show up when you overfeed...but I don't overfeed..but I am very diligent in my tank cleanings (it's cleaner than my room haha) and the cories eat up anything that falls. Needless to say, they make my skin crawl!!! Should I just step up the water changes even more? (I do two 30% changes every week, mostly consisting of vacumming, and every other week I replace one of the 30% with a 50-75% change...that's what my dad taught me lol).If anyone has any idea as to how to get rid of them I'd appreciate it.

~Sunstar~
Old 11-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #26 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

BBS have more nutrients than Brineshrimp. Might want to lay off light blue. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233 If you fill this out we can get a clear picture.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #27 
sunstar93

(sorry about the light blue lol I thought it would be darker, I usually type and then chose color).
So I did more reasearch...and basically more gravel vacs and cleanings can get rid of them. *sign*. I guess that's what I get for using free stuff haha.
So, I know it has been a couple days since an official update but here goes:

Leo is recovering beautifully!! In a couple days (probably the weekend) I will bleach and clean out his 3 gallon tank so it will be extremly clean and will kill off any little bugs that might be hunkered down in there. Leo will be staying in his 1 gallon for the time being, because in 2 weeks I will be packing everyone up and going home for the holidays and he will be living in their anyways. And that will give the 3 gallon some time to soak and for the bleach to be completely removed. So happy he's getting better!
Toby is doing great! He loves his little tank, he likes to sit in the leaves of his silk plant and sometimes I can't find him and I worry lol. His colors are brighter and he is beautiful! He and Leo are neighbors and sometimes Leo sees him and feaks out and Toby is just like "hi!" lol it's funny to watch them interact with each other. They are both on my nightstand and it brings a little something to that corner of my room lol.
Okay so don't chew me out for this!! I checked with my dad and he said it was fine, that as long as I am diligent with water changes and have a good filter I'll be fine. I got a dwarf gourami for my 10 gallon tank. He's at his max size and stays up near the top of the tank. Apparently they do some kind of "confrontation" dance when they see another male and curl into a "c-shape"...well I didn't realize that is what he was doing whenever he saw his reflection so I thought he was sick!! His name is Armani and he loves to play with the cories lol.
I've been trying to fix the ammonia in the water, since gouramis are very sensitive to ammonia. I bougth some Prime (smells awful) and an umbrella plant yeserday...and found out the umbrella plant was actually a peace lilly! So I returned it today and got a moss ball instead...named Giorgiio lol (now i have Giorgio Armani in my tank haha). Thought I was start off with something simple first lol. All my fish were starting at it like "what the heck?" but they've accepted it lol. I can imagine them saying:
"Isis...why isn't that big fuzzy green fish moving?"
"I don't know, Jazzy....maybe we should try to eat it?"
Needless to say, they have since left it alone haha.

Only 3 more finals to take before I'm done for the semester!!
And my birthday is tomorrow, yay lol. I usually don't make a big deal out of it but this is the first birthday I'll be spending away from my family lol.

Hope you all had a wonderful day!

~Sunstar~
Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #28 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carter got an IAL leaf today.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #29 
sunstar93

Carter is a very lucky fish (:
Do you only have Carter or other bettas as well?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #30 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I used to have Betty but she died I only have carter and in my twenty 5 cories and a guppy colony. Carter tried to eat his IAL.