Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #31 
sunstar93

Aw I'm sorry! And I bet the cories and guppies together are pretty!
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #32 
sunstar93

So I am going to return my gourami today...I will be going home for a whole month (leaving in 2 weeks) and I can't leave my fish here. And I don't plan on taking my 10 gallon (glass, heavy..not a good plan). And I can't afford for him to have a critter keeper or small tank to himself for the time i am home, I've thought about it for a long time and decided it would be best for him to go back to the store. Bye Armani...
But I am finally disinfecting my 3 gallon tank! (I need to clean it so it had time to sit out, that's where the cories will be staying at my house. Don't worry, I am going to be doing water changes every day to deal with the ammonia and this will only be for a couple weeks). I've got the Clorox and plan on sanitizing it and everything else I used while Lucky and Leo were sick. I'm getting all new gravel...I'm afraid it will absorb the bleach and then leech it out in the tank. That would be bad! Would it be okay to soak the silk plants and the filter (not the cartridge) in the bleach? It'll only be soaking for about 20 minutes since bleach will/can corrode stuff away. I'm going to let it sit right next to the window for about a week or so and do lots and lots of rinses with hot water!

~Sunstar~
Old 11-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #33 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Are you saying your going to keep Cories in a 3 gallon?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #34 
sunstar93

Yes, I have to as there is no other way. It will only be for 3 weeks and I know there will not be as much room but I am not going to tear down my 10 gallon, haul it home and put it back up. We don't have room at my house right now. I plan on doing water changes every day and they will have their heater and air stone. Basically my fish are limited to one desk in the kitchen, which already has a 10 gallon turtle tank on it. I have Leo in his 1 gallon critter keeper, Toby in his 1.5 gallon cube and, yes, the cories will be in a 3 gallon. I cannot keep them here at school. I wish I could, it would SO much easier but they are not allowing any aquariums to run over the holiday. I've asked over and over but those are the rules. I don't mean to make you mad, Choclate, and I wish I had some other way to keep them in a larger space but for now that is all I can do. I still have 2 more weeks so if I can find another way, I will. But that is the plan for now.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #35 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Glad its only for 3 weeks. I am concerned that you have a turtle in a ten gallon.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #36 
sunstar93

Sorry I meant to write 20 gallon! I was thinking "10" for my fish and wrote it down by accident. She's a small red eared slider we rescued about 9 years ago, she eats like a pig and is not too big but she does grow.
We also have a bird, a cat and a dog...our home is a zoo lol
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #37 
sunstar93

Spoiler alert! Nothing special really happens when you turn 19 lol. Or, as my mom told me, I am/was 1000 weeks old today lol. Aced my Animal Science exam and did awesome on my Equine Care quiz! Wish I could have spent my birthday with my family today but that's okay...plenty of time to celebrate after finals are over with!! (:

~Sunstar~
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #38 
sunstar93

More Pictures!

Took a whole bunch of pictures yesterday and today, wanted to share(:
Toby's bubble nest is a little bigger today!!

My 10 gallon tank, taken today. All but one cory were hiding from the camera lol.
Name:  IMG_0416.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  52.2 KB

Jade with the moss ball and new El Nino Fern (tied to a piece of driftwood)
Name:  IMG_0418.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  63.5 KB

Toby and his Bubble Nest. My favorite picture(:
Name:  IMG_0412.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  61.2 KB

Toby too close to the camera lol
Name:  IMG_0420.jpg
Size:  61.4 KB

Toby and his bubble nest
Name:  IMG_0414.jpg
Size:  60.6 KB
Old 11-30-2012, 11:10 PM   #39 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstar93 View Post
Aw I'm sorry! And I bet the cories and guppies together are pretty!
They are espically Albino bronze Cories.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #40 
sunstar93

I bet the contrast between the bright guppies and the pale/gold cories is really cool. My cories are more yellow-gold because they are maturing, which I think is pretty cool lol. I'm slowly collecting some plants to give them a bit more cover and I think they will be extremely happy. I was actually at the pet store the other day and was thinking about your guppies and cories lol. Didn't get any (otherwise I would have kept my Gourami) but it was a good thought lol