Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #101 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am not adding fish to Carters tank. He will kill/die fast shrimp, adding IAL so no snails, and access to small fish is limited.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #102 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm not adding anything to my betta's tank, either. Mostly because he's always been in his own tank. He seems to be satisfied with just seeing me. I don't know how he'd react to anything else living in his tank. He hates his reflection, that's for sure :p

Lucky for me, he doesn't seem to mind being moved. He warmed up to his new tank very quickly, but perhaps that's because I moved the decor from his old tank to his new one. He had his squidward house in his old tank, but not the spongebob house. I have yet to see him even go into his spongebob house. Also, sometimes when I use the net to scoop up uneaten food, he actually swims close to touch it. Funny, because he hates when I try to catch him with it.

Unfortunately I will be removing his plastic plant when I get the silk ones I ordered. I hope he will actually use those. :/
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #103 
Syriiven

He seems like a healthy fish from your avi's photo tho =) So I'm sure he's just as happy without tankmates, so long as he has you.

I have new pictures of Demi! Tho the angle's still hard to get the vertical stripes to show.

You can just baaarely see where they are (dumb angles) but lower on her side where it has a lighter spot, that's where, bordered by stripes.

Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #104 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

That remids me of wild type I wonder were the person before you got it.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #105 
AyalaCookiejar

It's a little hard to compare those pictures from the first one you posted, but her fins look a little better (her top one in particular).
What color is she now compared to when you first got her?
Old 11-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #106 
Syriiven

Mottled brown/gray, it was hard to tell in the different lights. The very first photo is instagram, which I did not take, but was the first photo I even had of her and when I got super concerned cause that's when I first saw her ever.

Now over the two days I've had her, she's darkened but her iridescence has come out, and the red and blue hues on her tail and dorsal are more bright. They were dark before.

But as far as I know this was bought at either PetSmart or PetLand. I've been trying to figure out her type for days.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #107 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

That kind of looks like a male.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #108 
AyalaCookiejar

I still do think there's not much need to worry about her type until she's in better health and her fins grow back (or gender, for that matter). Until then, it may just be impossible to tell, anyways. You've only had her for two days. Probably just another 2 days or only 24 hours and she'll look even better. They are very hardy. Lucky for her, their fins are also able to grow back, and rather quickly, it seems. I kind of find it hard to believe it's only been two days. She's already made so much progress :)
Old 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #109 
Syriiven

Lol! Really? Like a wild type male? But he/she keeps developing vertical striping (I can see it clearly, but the camera can't get a good shot of it at all ). Like...
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSC00193.jpg <-- this.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #110 
birdielikestomatoes

She's looking good despite you only having her for a few days. She's gotten so much darker and those irids have just popped! I can't wait to see what she looks like after a few weeks of good care.

I also love the name you picked out. Though Walker would be good if she was a he, in an ironic sort of way. :D

Chocolate, did you not notice the eggspots in a couple of pictures that were first posted? Or am I just going crazy?
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finrot deformed