Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #131 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdielikestomatoes View Post
Well...alright. xD

I found one though, the female looks absolutely dead for a few seconds after releasing the eggs. It's really weird. Nor is it anything like mammal birthing. No blood or amniotic fluids, or other stuff.
Iunno. Fish are just different. I watch documentaries all the time, and anytime it's about fish in the ocean it's about bait balls being devoured, then spawning, and a lot fo species just spray it everywhere (murky water, stay out of it >.< )

So I'm not surprised there's not any blood or other fluids from the females. They seem to do alright, strangeness aside.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #132 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
That's okay....lol. There are some things I dont need to know about fish. I wouldn't try breeding anyways. Finding compatible betta seems really hard, and then what would I do with the fry? I don't have the budget for more tanks, and I dont know anyone who would take good care of them.
Haha, maybe if we were rich. I'll probably stick with not breeding as well, probably ever. I obviously know nothing and I wouldn't want to do something wrong. I'm also totally fine with just having my bettas as pets. They are already lovely and fun.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #133 
birdielikestomatoes

ROFL, don't go swimming in that murky ocean/lake water! That's hilarious.

I believe it's just a way for the fish, of other species, to reproduce in the most effective way. Release a bit of this and that and not waste time searching for a suitable mate.

Bettas are more one of one with their mating, and you don't see much of anything besides the eggs dropping like snow.

This thread has taken a strange turn, if I do say so myself. xD
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #134 
Laki

If I had my dream tank of a wall tank, surrounding a room, I bet I could fit in a whole nest of baby bettas lol.. But then there would be some death and fighting as their territory got smaller. I want a rec room tank (like... one of those fluvarium things where the room is inside the tank surrounded by thick protective plexiglass) and have a hundred bettas!! heh, not likely.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #135 
Syriiven

I keep thinking if my boyfriend and I get a house, I can have 'the aquarium room' where I can have my bettas and bigger tanks for bigger fish. I love fancy goldfish, and someday want a koi pond!

But~ I also like having my fish nearby, cuz I consider them near-family. So I don't want them in a room where I'm not. Not that I can pack them around, and not that I want to bother them a whole bunch.

But then I was thinking about the space they'd need. Even one tank per room, it's taking up more than just tank space, but you need a whole table or shelf or something for them too.

But I'll figure it out.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #136 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdielikestomatoes View Post
This thread has taken a strange turn, if I do say so myself. xD
Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

And 100 bettas would definitely keep you busy. I'd do it, if I didn't have school or a job :p haha.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #137 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
But then I was thinking about the space they'd need. Even one tank per room, it's taking up more than just tank space, but you need a whole table or shelf or something for them too.

But I'll figure it out.
My boyfriend has a homemade shelf against two of his walls made of planks and cinderblocks. I'd post a picture if I had one. Anyways there are two sheves that extend across the wall and I have my 5 gal on the top shelf. I could fit like ten more on that shelf if I really wanted to.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:48 PM   #138 
Syriiven

Lol I'd do it. I was actually looking at my bookshelf and wondering if maybe I should take some books off, take out a shelf and put someone there xD
Old 11-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #139 
AyalaCookiejar

The picture quality sucks but the shelf works and it was pretty cheap since it was homemade. It's also pretty sturdy, and it doesn't look so bad since the cinderblocks and the boards were both painted blue. He has an even longer one on the other side of the room, and you can't even see all of this one in the picture :p
Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #140 
Syriiven

Wow, I will have to see what I can find come summer. My nana might have some stuff.

Lol, Demi's gonna have the same tiki house as you.

Tags
finrot deformed