betta fish

Old 11-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

They are still nice Bettas.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #12 
Agility4fun

Oh @Setsuna your Imbellis is a beauty! I didn't know you're a breeder and so close to me (San Jose)! I will definitely be contacting you someday :)
Agility4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #13 
PinkGuava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuna View Post
sorry that you live in canada cause im breeding some imbellis right now i have 100+ frys if you live in the US i'd be glad to sell you a pair :(
Why are you such a debbie downer with the frown faces? I would feel really bad if I start telling people that their bettas aren't true breeds. I think you should show some act kindness and send lucklein a free pair with he/she paying for shipping when your fry are all grown. Just saying.
PinkGuava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #14 
ao
TFK Moderator

setsuna cant :(
you cant ship live stock from the US to other countries just like that.... you will need like a transhipper or some kind of certification or something. complicated.

And I dont think the real imbellis or not has anything to do with OP's lovely fish... the issue is with the petshop mislabelling their fish.

oh and just for further identification purposes, they both seem female :)

Last edited by ao; 11-25-2012 at 12:26 AM.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:18 AM   #15 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkGuava View Post
Why are you such a debbie downer with the frown faces? I would feel really bad if I start telling people that their bettas aren't true breeds. I think you should show some act kindness and send lucklein a free pair with he/she paying for shipping when your fry are all grown. Just saying.
I would if customs let me
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #16 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility4fun View Post
Oh @Setsuna your Imbellis is a beauty! I didn't know you're a breeder and so close to me (San Jose)! I will definitely be contacting you someday :)
I used to come with my wife to milpitas every week cause her mom and dad sells organic goods at the farmers market next to the indian community if you know where thats at
Old 11-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #17 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
setsuna cant :(
you cant ship live stock from the US to other countries just like that.... you will need like a transhipper or some kind of certification or something. complicated.

And I dont think the real imbellis or not has anything to do with OP's lovely fish... the issue is with the petshop mislabelling their fish.

oh and just for further identification purposes, they both seem female :)
Thats exactly why i said if he didnt in canada i would sell him a pair of pureblood imbellis
Old 11-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #18 
kfryman

I would get tank tank sorted out fast. Angels and bettas don't mix, also angels should have a 29 gallon tall tank absolutely minimum, they grow to around 10 inches vertical, you need a tall and big tank for them. The rummynose tetras should also be in a bigger tank and in a group of 8 minimum (I had 10 but two died, I am gonna be upgrading tanks in the future to a lovely 33.7 gallon) preferably more if the tank allows. The thing is you got a lot of stock that don't really work in harmony. Two females bettas won't work in the long run, one will turn on the other and possibly kill her.

The girls are lovely though. I would get them separate tanks for safety though.

Also, word of advice, what ever aquarium place you go to, they aren't very experienced, so make sure you research on your own and don't ask them, as they will most likely give you information that is false. Check out bettafish.com's sister site, tropicalfishkeeping.com for questions regarding other fish. Username and password are the same on both sites, so you are already a member on there.

@Setsuna I gotta figure out what imbellis' need... maybe I will contact you later on if I am interested in getting some, since you are like 2 hours away from me.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #19 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
I would get tank tank sorted out fast. Angels and bettas don't mix, also angels should have a 29 gallon tall tank absolutely minimum, they grow to around 10 inches vertical, you need a tall and big tank for them. The rummynose tetras should also be in a bigger tank and in a group of 8 minimum (I had 10 but two died, I am gonna be upgrading tanks in the future to a lovely 33.7 gallon) preferably more if the tank allows. The thing is you got a lot of stock that don't really work in harmony. Two females bettas won't work in the long run, one will turn on the other and possibly kill her.

The girls are lovely though. I would get them separate tanks for safety though.

Also, word of advice, what ever aquarium place you go to, they aren't very experienced, so make sure you research on your own and don't ask them, as they will most likely give you information that is false. Check out bettafish.com's sister site, tropicalfishkeeping.com for questions regarding other fish. Username and password are the same on both sites, so you are already a member on there.

@Setsuna I gotta figure out what imbellis' need... maybe I will contact you later on if I am interested in getting some, since you are like 2 hours away from me.
Sure thing
Old 11-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkGuava View Post
That was extremely rude. They live in different countries shipping would be a nightmare.take a while, get long for permission. You owe them an apology.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote