Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #11 
JBrady

It could be that but so far I've just seen him mostly sitting at the bottom of the tank. I bought him so I could at least give him a chance of living because if it was someone else they might have just flushed him because he doesn't really move. The plant I have is silk and I bought him with his fins like that yesterday. He's a delta tail but I couldn't even tell, the only way I know is because of the sticker on his cup that said it.
JBrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #12 
Syriiven

Lol, ah, petstores....

He could very well be a biter. But with so much ammonia in the cup, he'd be lethargic. Just keep their water clean and try the epsom salt. If your guy's fins dont start healing (white regrowth) you could try an aq salt for him and se how he does. Some fish do take time to heal up and get used to new surroundings, but so far it seems they could have an easier fix than some and could be healthy soon.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #13 
JBrady

Yay the delta tail is swimming like a normal fish(: I definately proved my mom wrong because she told me "why would you buy a stupid fish that's gonna die anyways. Don't expect me to return it after its dead" and it seems like he's getting better. He's already getting streaks of colors too. I can't wait for his fins to grow back.

The red veil tail I think is blowing a bubble nest? I've have plenty of happy bettas and none have ever made one so I'm not positive that it is a bubble nest but I'm pretty sure it is. I'm glad I could save these two and the third one which was already healthy though..
Old 11-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #14 
Syriiven

Sounds like things will be fine then, congratulations! =D Your mom sounds a little harsh tho...it's not the bettas fault they're mistreated in the stores.

Anyways, I'm glad they'll be okay. Just remember horizontal streaks across the body are stress stripes, not sure what kind of stripes you meant.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #15 
JBrady

Yah I know I told my mom that he at least needs a chance and then said "fine when your sick ill leave you in a box outside" lol

About the streaks i meant like on his fin he's starting to get some color back instead of being see through. I'm positive that its not stress lines (:
Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #16 
Syriiven

Oh, okay! yes, coloring is good =)