Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-24-2012, 09:00 PM   #1 
Okami

Dr. Who?

Hello every one! Its been some time since I have posted but I have been in the process of moving, which was stressful on my poor Betta, and I put my betta in a 10 gallon Octagon tank with a Theme of Dr. Who? :)

I own 2 tanks. One is a 60 gallon Discus tank which is naturaly planted. I wanted to make my betta tank a little more bizzare and you dont get as bizzare as Dr. Who!

First I have Gravel that is black with florecent pink, yellow, and green splashed into the mix. When Is aw the gravel in the bag I knew it was perfect. Second was the hardest part. Finding Dr. Who orniments! BBC makes this dinkey 1 gallon square tank that has theamed orniments but I didnt want to buy the whole kit just for the orniments meant for a 1 gallon. So one day, I was in a Newbury Comic store and was in the Dr. Who isle and I found a ceramic salt Tardis and Dalek Pepper shaker set! My jaw dropped and i bought them and boiled them and they were tested to be safe for my tank! To keep the Bizzare theame going I tossed in some Moss Balls, and finally a nice tall silk plant with colorful leaves so my Betta has plenty of things to rest on and hide!

For tank mates I went with species naturaly found with a betta. I have a School of Harlequin Rosboras and to ice my Bizzare cake, a school of Glass Catfish! For shuffeling my gravel I have a few tiney YoYo Loaches. The tank looks amazing and I cant wait to share pics of it with every one!
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #2 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

your tank sounds awsome!!!!! Doctor Who is pretty cool, I cannot wait to see the pics
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #3 
Okami

Hopefully by this evening ill put it up.thanks!
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #4 
veggiegirl

Looking forward to seeing it
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote