Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #91 
Syriiven

Thats crazy lol, I'd think it ought to be cycled or close to now
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #92 
AyalaCookiejar

It's still in the stage where I'm seeing some nitrites and semi-high ammonia. Which reminds me, I have to check it again today... I write all my results down and was so busy last week that I tested on friday and then didn't test again until thursday... And It was still at 1ppm ammonia, .5 nitrites and 10 nitrates. There was probably a subtle change in color but other than that it didn't really change much in 6 days and I added more ammonia yesterday.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:59 PM   #93 
Syriiven

I should test mine >.<
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #94 
AyalaCookiejar

I WAS doing good testing daily but then I started slacking a bit :p

Here's a video of my girls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8fwl...BKuF-Q&index=1
Old 01-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #95 
Syriiven

Aww~ they look real good =D Probably can't wait to get into the actual tank ^^
Old 01-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #96 
AyalaCookiejar

Yes, they are all REALLY active despite some color loss and fin damage. The dragon has the worst of it. A chunk of her caudal fin is missing and the bottom part is split. But, she is the most responsive to me. They all usually come to the front of the tank to greet me but she will follow my finger around and stuff. The pink girl seems to be the most shy... The other two are pretty feisty so I wonder how they will do in the sorority. If anything, the red one might be the one I'll have to move to the four gallon back up tank. She definitely HATES when I hold up a light to the tank and try to get pictures of them. She moves around so fast trying to attack that light that I couldn't get a picture of her if I tried :p And the lids on the one gallon kind of make the pictures funky colored... There is a blue, purple, and green lid which changes the color of the lighting.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #97 
Syriiven

Lol, pics will be easier once they get to mingle and calm down =)
Old 01-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #98 
AyalaCookiejar

Now at times they will try to get at each other but it only last two seconds and then they get bored and swim off, lol.

Water changes for my girls are super easy. It took me like 5 minutes. I just removed 1/4 of a gallon from each tank and refilled 1/4 of a gallon directly from the water in the ten gallon, then just added more to the ten gallon... This way I don't have to worry about getting the temp exact or doing it three different times. The one gallons are probably only filled to 3/4 of a gallon anyways... I didn't want to overfill them because they would tip over. Right now I have no problems with any of them tipping over even though they aren't secured to the tank... Although it is difficult to take an entire tank out without tipping the other two, so I think I will stick with daily PWCs instead of doing 100%s... I use a gravel vac and the tanks are bare bottomed.

It's also hard to attach the tanks to the side of the 10 gallon with the lids on.. I don't want to take them off and risk one of them jumping into another's tank. But I do find it difficult to open the flip lids on those critter keepers so I have them all shut but not latched, and the 10 gallon hood keeps them from being able to push the lids open.

But anyways, all three handled their first PWC very well. They are all super spunky and the red dragon and EE's caudal fins are looking better.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #99 
Syriiven

All great news =D
Old 01-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #100 
AyalaCookiejar

Side note: I'm getting irritated with people asking me when I'm going to release all my girls into the same tank. It's the same people over and over again, and I'm getting tired of explaining that they need to be QTed first and I need more girls.

If you can't appreciate one fish then you sure as hell don't deserve to appreciate seeing more than one fish interacting with each other in one big tank. That's the problem with people and bettas, and with Betta fighting as entertainment and all that horrible crap people do. Fish are like any other kind of pet. They all have their own personalities. They don't need to be in a community tank to be interesting. It's so irritating. I hate when people don't care about my fish just because they are in a tank with no tankmates. Learn some appreciation for life, just.... Seriously. It's ridiculous.