Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #121 
Syriiven

My only thought is the taping issue...after you set tanks on the mesh and line, the tape might not hld it...

Ah! You could set the mesh on four even glasses! And the tanks w/ water int hem will hold it down.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #122 
AyalaCookiejar

The tap won't be holding a lot of weight... And I tied fishing line to the mesh in 6 different places. I want it to keep it upright more than I want it to hold the weight. We'll see, though... With cups, I'd need like 2 for each I think. I don't know if each of the tanks would balance on one cup. But idk if electric tape will work... I have a bunch of duct tape but can't locate it at the moment LOL
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #123 
Syriiven

I think electrical will, and you can remove the sticky stuff after wth rubbing alcohol. Safe on teh tside ;)
Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #124 
AyalaCookiejar

Ooh! Plus, if I tape it to the edge of the tank... Well the edge is black and the tape is black, soo... Works out :)
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #125 
Syriiven

Very true =D
Old 01-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #126 
AyalaCookiejar

Well the tape doesn't hold super well and it looks pretty ghetto lol but I'll try duct tape when I find some and it works for now. I had to rearrange the plants in the middle of the tanks so they can now see each other a bit more and there's some more flaring... But it isn't constant so thats good. I might go back out to walmart tomorrow and get three ceramic mugs to place under the mesh as I think that might work better. Plus, I can get mugs at walmart for a dollar and we could really use some more since most of the ones we have had their handles broke off somehow :p

I don't want to use any of the mugs we have since they all have soap residue on them.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #127 
Syriiven

Makes sense =)
Old 01-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #128 
AyalaCookiejar

Well I got three coffee mugs last night so I will try them out today. Also I did a rough sketch of Stella today in art.

I drew this in like ten minutes lol. I will draw some bigger more detailed ones later probably... I was thinking about tattoos. I will be 18 next month and I would love to get a (small) tattoo somewhere that can't be easily seen.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #129 
Syriiven

D/aww~

I've been thinking about a betta pond sleeve - like koi, only small bettas and lotuses in a classic Japanese style =D
Old 01-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #130 
AyalaCookiejar

My boyfriend wants a tattoo of a koi fish covering his back. He doesn't really take a huge interest in fish, though, haha. He's really into Japanese culture and some folklore that has to do with koi fish...

That being said, I'd like a tattoo of a Betta but I think I want a female, not a male. That, or like a tattoo of all my bettas. But I'm sure that would get huge as my collection grows :p I'd also like a paw print somewhere.. I just really want some smaller simple things in black and white rather than anything too huge and flamboyant.

I really don't mind tattoos, on anybody, I just don't want to be covered in them lol.