Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #131 
Syriiven

I will warn you, getting inked more often than not becomes an addiction, especially if you fall in love with the outcome of your tats. I got one...then another...wasn't even done the third and fourth and wanted more....xD Though I'm trying to be very selective and dont want to be covered either ^^;
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #132 
AyalaCookiejar

Yeah, I've heard, lol. I'm not exactly sure what my future career will be yet... And chances are, I'll go to college and be broke for quite some time, ha. I told my parents I refuse to go to a college that won't let me keep my fish. I will have to give up my dog and cats... My fish I will not part with, lol.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #133 
Syriiven

Lol, I woudnt be able to leave them either. I dunno what I wanna be. Have no secondary schooling, just high school diploma. I'm a good worker, but career...I wanna save the oceans. Thinking of a 'Art for Conservation' project where I make limited edition paintings/prints and by selling them I raise awareness of conservation issues a lot of people don't know about as well as funds from this project go directly to conservation groups.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:27 PM   #134 
AyalaCookiejar

That sounds neat!
I don't really want something that will make me a ton of money as long as I get to help animals for the rest of my life..
Old 01-16-2013, 07:31 PM   #135 
Syriiven

Exactly~ I could live in some tiny 'shack' near the coast and just work on art and be happy knowing i'm helping.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #136 
AyalaCookiejar

I love my girls :) Okami's fins are healing nicely and all are doing well. Very active bunch :D I tried some new black gold pellets, and fed the first one to Lotus. It was a bit big for her so I decided not to feed one to Stella but Okami is bigger and had no troubles eating it. It took Lotus awhile but she was determined on getting it eaten, lol.
Okami and Stella both viciously attack their pellets and do a little wiggle when they are chewing, haha. So cute :)

DaBaDees spongebob pineapple house had some brown stuff on it and I took it out, scrubbed it. And realized it was rust from exposed metal. He looks like he's feeling a lot better now that I've removed it, changed the water and put a new carbon cartridge in the filter to remove the toxins from the rust. *sigh* I'll have to get a new decoration for him and it won't go along with his spongebob theme. I always wondered why he never seemed to like his spongebob house.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #137 
Syriiven

Ooooh, now I'm glad I didn't use the sponge bob stuff. Glad you caught that, for your betta and for future reference. Wow.

I'm glad everyone's feeling okay =)

Do you know when you're getting your new females?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #138 
AyalaCookiejar

I'm not sure... My cycle doesn't seem to be going anywhere so I seeded it a few minutes ago with some of the stuff I cut off the cartridge from DaBaDees tank. Since I added a new carbon cartridge and I couldn't fit to, I stripped the spongey stuff off the outside of the old cartridge to save my BB. I'm also talking to Chard56 right now... He's got an excess of dragons to sell, lol. He offered a good deal on 7 but I don't have that much room :p I also have a red dragon already, but he's got some fire and snow dragons, too.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #139 
AyalaCookiejar

OH MY GOODNESS! Okami flew across her one gallon QT tank earlier today (literally!) It was feeding time and I opened the lid on her tank to feed her and she jumped out, flew across the tank and landed in the water on the opposite side, LOL. She was either super excited or mad that I was invading her space, hahaha. It kind of scared me as I thought at first that she was trying to bite me (and that she might jump out of the tank completely). Hahahahahahahaha. What a personality she's got going for her, lol.

Anyways, I went to walmart earlier today because I wanted to get two more water siphons for my boys so that I wouldn't have to share one between all three tanks (and they only had one, of course. -_-) Anyways, there was a couple there buying fish. They asked for 7 fish from one of the tropical fish tanks and they had a freakin 3 gallon tank in their cart. I know the 1 inch of fish per gallon rule is total crap but they obviously didn't even follow THAT (At least most people believe that to be true). I also don't think they had a heater in their cart. I didn't want to like, stalk them or cause an angry outburst that would get me kicked out of the store so I just walked away, but when their fish all die within a day, maybe they will grow some brains and actually do some research instead of assuming that the walmart guy knows what they are doing (This lady was asking him if they would kill each other and he was like 'durrrr i guess not since they're all the same type of fish and they're all in the same tank'.) I should have said something but I'm pretty sure they would have ignored my advice anyways and either way it was a death sentence for the fish, because they would die in walmart sooner or later... Because, you know, the walmart associate must know everything there is to know about fishkeeping.

*faceroll*

Anyways, the one female betta that they had left last week is still there. I can't believe she's still alive. They moved her from the shelf the bettas are usually on, though, so these people were looking around for the bettas like herp derp where the bettas at. OMY that's a betta. *female, ignore*

The poor girl had stress stripes and fin rot. It looks like she'd be red if she were put in the proper conditions and colored up... I bet she'd be really pretty if properly cared for. Too bad I don't have space for her right now :(
Old 01-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #140 
AyalaCookiejar

DaBaDee was not looking good this morning. He's back in the one gallon hospital tank with epsoms and parasite clear for internal parasites. *sigh* he's getting worse, too. He wasn't too bloated this morning and now he looks like he swallowed a marble. I'm hoping he will poo soon. If not, I'll add more Epsoms tonight before I go to bed. His tank lights are off as well because he's pretty stressed about it. I also treated Bahari's entire tank because he's been having the same bloating and buoyancy issues and hasn't pooed for awhile and I'm pretty sure he's got them, but I didn't want to put him in a hospital tank because he is blind..